Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Shaving Supplies

Options
  • 24-03-2008 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone know s of any place in Cork where you can get proper wet shaving gear. I mean like safety razors, blades, etc, etc.

In Dublin, Knights of the Green sell a few bits and pieces but I don't know of anywhere else in the country.

Any hints would be appreciated........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

Does no one shave in the PRC???

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Try here for mailorder. www.irishbarber.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭mountain

try some of the older chemists shops in the city,
    there is one down the side of the gpo,
    or there is one near the top of north main street.

On McCurtin street, there is a shop just after everyman theatre, same side, that sells fancy italian shaving gear, that was originally (1600s) made by monks.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

Thanks for the tips guys!

Had a look around Cork at the weekend. Unofrtunately nothing found. :(

Most of the older barber shops seem to sell just the usual canned gloop and cartridge razor rubbish. Occasionally, I came across some cheap, poor quality cream or bowl soap alongside a 10 euro bristle brush, but that was the closest I came to finding anything.

Mountain, I had a look on McCurtain street yet didn't find anything. It was Saturday morning mind you so perhaps he had not yet opened. Do you have any idea of the name of the place??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭mountain

cant think of the name of shop on mc curtin street, but there number is 021-450 5819 , hope that helps,

• Advertisement
Advertisement