Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Way South/Wicklow Way

Options
  • 24-03-2008 9:01pm

has anyone here done either of these non stop camping the whole way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭donaghs

Wasn't going to reply as my answer in a word is no. But since no one else has responded...
    I have done the entire Wicklow Way. I only camped one night by asking permission from a farmer near Tinahealy.
    You could camp down by the River Glencree near Knockree after the first day.
    Not sure about the status of camp sites on your next stage. You could try walking to near Laragh and asking permission to camp somewhere. Or risk camping in the woods nearby.
    Next day you could walk to Glenmalure valley. I've only stayed in the Hostel but have seen people camp there before (no official camp site though).

be pretty sweet if we had a set up like the appalachian trail in the US
    no askin for permission because there are free campin sites along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Have you read 'A Walk in the Woods' by Bill Bryson? Its a great book.

yeah good book!

Advertisement