Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Headset on dealextreme

Options
  • 24-03-2008 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Lads,
    I've been a "lurker" or whatever you boardsies call those people who sponge info off the forums but don't post often, for quite a while now.
    Time to give something back me thinks.

Anyway for anyone without a bluetooth kit in their car i found this gem on dealextreme. Have it a few weeks now. Easy to use and quite a handy wee gadget for the 76$ price. This is less than 50 quid! Highly recommended and the caller ID works a treat..
    also has anyone anymore recommendations from their products on dealextreme?not many reviews on their products up and also i'd trust your reviews ahead of the ones they put up.
    Anyway heres the link -

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8496

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

How was it to install?

I saw it before and sounds like a great idea, I just don't like the idea of ripping down my old mirror and then find that I can't get the new one to stick properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    How was it to install?

I saw it before and sounds like a great idea, I just don't like the idea of ripping down my old mirror and then find that I can't get the new one to stick properly.

The unit clips over your existing mirror. Install video May not be exact same product but the one on DealExtreme has the same sliding clips on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its a cool idea. I like the way its detachable (so you're not worried about leaving it visible in a parked car)

Hmmm... tempting, tempting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Mr E wrote: »
    Its a cool idea. I like the way its detachable (so you're not worried about leaving it visible in a parked car)

Hmmm... tempting, tempting.
    +1

would be interested to hear feedback from anyone who has one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Nice! I guess if I'd read it properly before I might have seen it clipped on.

How is the sound and the mic when the car is moving? Can people hear you clearly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

First of all they are much cheaper on Ebay. Secondly it's very irritating to have to remember to connect / disconnect unless you get one that can be hard-wired for power so that it works only when you are actually using the car. Once I got a call in the house but couldn't communicate because mirror in car outside was answering.

But they do work well. The only other criticism I have is that only the number displays and nobody remembers numbers any longer as we have phone books on our phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

The only other criticism I have is that only the number displays and nobody remembers numbers any longer as we have phone books on our phones.

Good point. I don't have a clue of anyones number except 2/3 people on my phone. Damn phone book.:D
    Handy product but my van doesn't have a rear view mirror so that's me out.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭allybhoy

That is some website alright, mate of mine got a dual sim iphone (knock off but looks and feels the biz) and a 6GB touch screen mp3 player for about 270dollars, and with the price of euro and free delivery its a fecking steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The only other criticism I have is that only the number displays and nobody remembers numbers any longer as we have phone books on our phones.

Do you have a different model (maybe the one from the youtube link?)

From the description on dealextreme:

"Caller ID and Name (for supported phones) are displayed right on the mirror so you can keep your eyes on the road"

.. and from the comments ...

"You can send up to 200 contacts via bluetooth to the mirrors directory"

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

Can someone who has one of these confirm that it has a built in speaker as well as the FM transmitter? It would just be too much of a pain to have to change the radio station for every call if it does not, or if the built in speaker is not usable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pedantic.pat

1. you can send contacts(one at a time) to the mirror. These are then stored in the internal phonebook of the mirror so when someone rings their name does come up.

2. There is an inbuilt speaker with the mirror which is very clear and works well while driving. I have'nt tried the FM transmitter yet but will take a look later

3. Yes it does clip onto your existing mirror - it is a bit more tinted than the existing mirror.

4. Whenever i walk more than a couple of metres away after getting out of the car it auto disconnects. so no prob for me with that jimmycrackhorn

Also there is a wee earpiece attatched to the mirror so if you want to hold a private conversation you just clip it off and talk away which is very handy.
    Bottomline get one of these if you need bluetooth in your car. A fine piece of equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

1. you can send contacts(one at a time) to the mirror. These are then stored in the internal phonebook of the mirror so when someone rings their name does come up.

2. There is an inbuilt speaker with the mirror which is very clear and works well while driving. I have'nt tried the FM transmitter yet but will take a look later

3. Yes it does clip onto your existing mirror - it is a bit more tinted than the existing mirror.

4. Whenever i walk more than a couple of metres away after getting out of the car it auto disconnects. so no prob for me with that jimmycrackhorn

Also there is a wee earpiece attatched to the mirror so if you want to hold a private conversation you just clip it off and talk away which is very handy.
    Bottomline get one of these if you need bluetooth in your car. A fine piece of equipment.

Sold

(PP - I'm holding you personally responsible if this does not live up to expectations - I'll be very cross! ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Stealdo wrote: »
    Can someone who has one of these confirm that it has a built in speaker as well as the FM transmitter? It would just be too much of a pain to have to change the radio station for every call if it does not, or if the built in speaker is not usable.

I get the impression from reading the reviews on the supplied link that the voice call can be directed to your radio by the fm-transmitter but you'd have to have that channel selected on the radio, ie it doesn't switch

W.

Advertisement