Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitch needs to be neutered

Options
  • 24-03-2008 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

I need to know of a good vet whom I can trust, preferably in the Tallaght area, to spay my 16 month old bitch Greyhound. I recently pulled her off a farm to bring in as a pet. I have been reading all sorts of horror stories in my searches on the forums here, so wanted folks to post or PM me about their suggestions and experiences, if possible. I currently use the nice Gal in the village for my vaccinations and check ups.

Obliged,

Wes

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

I've been using Animal Welfare in Charlemont Street for more than twenty years. They really are brilliant.

Last year my parents had to have their dog put to sleep. The vets called out to the house and did it there which was a great comfort to us all. They were reallly considerate and compassionate. I cant recommend them highly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Why can't you use your current vet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

All care in walkinstown are very good - i've had about 8/9 dogs done there with no complications...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

Arcadian wrote: »
    Why can't you use your current vet?

That's what the thread is about. Why can't I? If no one has any horror stories, I suppose I can.

WYK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Beaufields in Celbridge (20 mins from Tallaght) do a lot of work with Greyhounds so have plenty of experience working with and neutering this breed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

Glowing wrote: »
    Beaufields in Celbridge (20 mins from Tallaght) do a lot of work with Greyhounds so have plenty of experience working with and neutering this breed.

That's some good info, thanks! Not many people understand that Greys respond differently to anaesthesia than most other breeds.

WYK

Advertisement