Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Frontiers

Options
  • 23-03-2008 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Kathryn Thomas should be shot with her own ****. Am just watching it now and her egocentricity is so laughable it's unreal. Thankfully it is not a programme I have seen often but this evening she is covering Papua New Guinea and to say she is a self-absorbed subwitted tit would be an understatement. ROFL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love how she mentioned that you should get in contact with your GP etc before you go to protect against malaria but failed to mention that she got malaria while she was there even though she got all the injections etc. Important piece of info there woman!

Having said that, I would have curled up in a ball and cried in Dublin Airport if I had to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Kathryn Thomas should be shot with her own ****. Am just watching it now and her egocentricity is so laughable it's unreal. Thankfully it is not a programme I have seen often but this evening she is covering Papua New Guinea and to say she is a self-absorbed subwitted tit would be an understatement. ROLF.

What did she do exactly?

She was stroppy because she was clearly out of her comfort zone.
    I would have felt sorry for her, only for that I am incredibly jealous that she had the opportunity to have that expierence. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

i think katherine thomas is one of the best broadcasters working in ireland

shes good looking in a sporty spice kinda way and you can tell shes a nice person too

im complelty perplexed at the few that despise her

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

i think katherine thomas is one of the best broadcasters working in ireland

shes good looking in a sporty spice kinda way and you can tell shes a nice person too

im complelty perplexed at the few that despise her

I've never heard of anyone who despises her. (Until this thread!) She came across as a bit annoying in the run up to the Personality of the Year thing, but she seems to be one of the few genuine people in broadcasting in Ireland, and has done a lot of things that I wouldn't have the balls to do. (Like what she did in last night's show!)

I still think that she should have mentioned that she got malaria despite taking all the tablets, etc. A lot of people might think that they can just get all the tablets, etc, and be protected, when really they aren't fully protected. It's up to a travel show to give all the important information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Yeah, I'd like to hear the thread-starter's reason's for labelling her as 'egocentric'. I watched last night's show in its entirety, and have been watching No Frontiers religiously for years, and I've never got that impression from her, ever. I echo the above comments regarding her being genuine and nice.

I'm going to hazard a guess, seeming that the reasons weren't stated, that it had to do with the part where she was being welcomed by those villagers, and she was saying that their welcome was honouring her and her companions' arrival. Well, given that she said that these people had only encountered a grand sum of TWO other people in their entire lives, and some of the villagers were no spring chickens, then I guess that they would have been genuinely excited and welcoming to the arriving group. So her assessment of their welcome being to honour the visitors was pretty much spot on, and she wasn't just bigging herself up.

That mighten't be the case at all, but would like to hear the OP's reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Was watching No Frontiers and have to say that KT and her sister looked very hot on their hols in Greece. If there was a promo for the show with this footage the viewing figures would have topped anything else on RTE this week. Did anyone else see the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Kathryn Thomas should be shot with her own ****. Am just watching it now and her egocentricity is so laughable it's unreal. Thankfully it is not a programme I have seen often but this evening she is covering Papua New Guinea and to say she is a self-absorbed subwitted tit would be an understatement. ROFL.

J- Lous :confused:

*whoopish* ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Was watching No Frontiers and have to say that KT and her sister looked very hot on their hols in Greece. If there was a promo for the show with this footage the viewing figures would have topped anything else on RTE this week. Did anyone else see the show?
    You can watch the reply here: http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1063451

Kathryn's sister is far better looking IMO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

I must take a look at this Greece 2010 video
    does anyone have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I didnt even know she was a real person, I always thought it was James Nesbitt in drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Should re-name the show, No Front Here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Meh. I don't mind KT or No Frontiers.

But tbh the TV3 The Holiday Show is much more entertaining. The couple who present it are funny. Your man Jon is a real know it all and your wun Ciara is v witty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I like her. She always comes across as fairly genuine and, in a good way, ordinary.

What's the story with her sister, though? Does she have any background or training in television, or is it the most overt case of nepotism ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

What's the story with her sister, though? Does she have any background or training in television, or is it the most overt case of nepotism ever?

I have only ever seen the sister in the show once, in Greece and she was there in a travel companion capacity more than actively involved in the show's production or presentation. AFAIK she's not involved in TV for a career..

Advertisement