Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat riddled with flea's - help.

Options
  • 22-03-2008 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Since getting my cat back from the vet this evening I see that she is riddled with fleas. Of course this happens on the Saturday of a bank holiday weekend too. Any home remedies or solutions as the vet & pet shops won't be open until Tuesday. :eek:

Comments

Supermarkets will have flea collars, convenience shops may also stock them.....that might be a culchie thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Most branches of Dunnes do a neem flea collar that should help to chase the fleas off the cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

You could get a fine-toothed pet comb for flea removal, most shops have them or ones similar in stock. It would at leat be a method for removal of the live ones untill you can get frontline/advantage or what ever you use.

Also if your cat is indoors then you will need to clean your home and curtains/carpets/bed linen etc ... Removing fleas from cats is not enough - you must also remove fleas from your home to keep your pets safe and to prevent reoccurance.

Also some people think garlic works when in fact it doesnt i think its actually toxic to pets if i recall correctly.

Hope the kitty isnt too uncomfortable and that you can help her out as best you can till you can get her treated properly after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

A lot of chemists stock flea and worm treatments for cats and dogs - there may b a chemist open near you today.

Advertisement