Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kannst du mir helfen?

Options
  • 22-03-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Need people to fill out a survey on german films for a project (and yes i know the wording, grammar etc are terrible.. my deutsch stinks).. But yes would really appreciate it if anyone dosen't mind!

(a) Kannst du, ein Film, in dem ein Deutscher die Hauptfigur ist?
    (b) Welche Rolle spielt der Deutscher in diesem Film?
    (c) Und welche Rolle spielen die Deutschen im Allgemeinen?
    (d) Welche Art von Menschen sind sie? (angenehm/unangenehm, witzig/humorlos, streng/locker)
    (e) Kannst du ein Beispiel von diese Charakterzüge geben?
    (f) Welche Wirkung hat dieser Filme auf Sie? (positv/negativ)
    (g) Deutsche werden häufig in Filmen stereotypiert. Stimmen Sie mit dieser Behauptung überein?
    (h) Welche Charakterzüge sind oft mit Deutschen assoziiert?
    (i) Kannst du die Beschreibung einer Ort in Deutschland in eine Film beschrieben?
    (j) Insgesamt, wie finden Sie die Beschreibung Deutschland und der Deutschen ins Filmen? (positiv/negativ)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

karmabass wrote: »
    Need people to fill out a survey on german films for a project (and yes i know the wording, grammar etc are terrible.. my deutsch stinks).. But yes would really appreciate it if anyone dosen't mind!

(a) Kannst du, ein Film, in dem ein Deutscher die Hauptfigur ist?
    (b) Welche Rolle spielt der Deutscher in diesem Film?
    (c) Und welche Rolle spielen die Deutschen im Allgemeinen?
    (d) Welche Art von Menschen sind sie? (angenehm/unangenehm, witzig/humorlos, streng/locker)
    (e) Kannst du ein Beispiel von diese Charakterzüge geben?
    (f) Welche Wirkung hat dieser Filme auf Sie? (positv/negativ)
    (g) Deutsche werden häufig in Filmen stereotypiert. Stimmen Sie mit dieser Behauptung überein?
    (h) Welche Charakterzüge sind oft mit Deutschen assoziiert?
    (i) Kannst du die Beschreibung einer Ort in Deutschland in eine Film beschrieben?
    (j) Insgesamt, wie finden Sie die Beschreibung Deutschland und der Deutschen ins Filmen? (positiv/negativ)

Hi karmabass,

I'll give it a try. First of all, you will have to decide if you want to use the informal you (Du) or the formal one (Sie). At the moment you are alternating between the two of them. It depends who your target audience is.

Here are some changes I would do (just using the froamel you - sie):

(a) Kennen sie einen Film in dem ein Deutscher die Hauptfigur spielt?
    (b) Welche Rolle spielt der Deutsche in diesem Film?
    (c) Welche Rolle spielen die Deutschen im Allgemeinen?
    (e) Können sie ein Beispiel zu diesen Charakterzügen geben?
    (f) Welche Wirkung hat dieser Filme auf Sie? (positiv/negativ)
    (g) Deutsche werden häufig in Filmen stereotypisiert. Stimmen sie mit dieser Behauptung überein?
    (h) Welche Charakterzüge werden oft mit Deutschen assoziiert?
    (i) ???
    (j) Wie finden Sie die Beschreibung Deutschlands und der Deutschen in Filmen insgesamt? (positiv/negativ)

I am not sure what exactly you are asking in question (i).

Also, if you use the formal or informal "you" you will need to decide if you are using capitalised leters or not (like Sie or Du). If the questionaire is part of a formal letter, etc. then you should use the capitalised version. At the moment I just wrote it all in small letters.

Hope this helps.

Best,
    Preusse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Question Preusse: I always thought when using formal 'you' (sie) that is was always in capital form (Sie)..otherwise your saying 'they'. So shouldn't the 'sie''s you put into the questions replacing 'du' be in capital regardless?
    Sorry if that's confusing..hell, I could even be confusing myself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Question Preusse: I always thought when using formal 'you' (sie) that is was always in capital form (Sie)..otherwise your saying 'they'. So shouldn't the 'sie''s you put into the questions replacing 'du' be in capital regardless?
    Das stimmt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Fast_Mover wrote: »

Quite right. Funny how years of not writing and speaking German can confuse one even though it's my native language. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kanzler

terrible language. i thought the german language might be easy to learn. but i think i was wrong.

is there anybody who wants to have a conversation in german? my destination is to learn english because i live and work in ireland already. but my english is still a big mountain of ****. that is what we say in germany about a similar situation like this.

my idea is i can write in english and another person replay in german and the other way round.

has anybody interest on it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BricanaBarbie

i could try if u want..i've been learning german for five years so i could give it a try if you would like..??

Advertisement