Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contrast Ratio and Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Options
  • 22-03-2008 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Can someone explain these to me?
    I'm looking at buying an 42" LCD and when I am trying to compare them all I am getting is different specs.
    I'm finding that some specs have Contrast Ratio and others have Dynamic Contrast Ratio, others again have response time and I have no idea how to compare them all.

So, what's good, what's bad and what should I be looking for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Manufacturers make all sorts of claims about contrast ratios, dynamic contrast ratios, and response rates. They should all be taken with a pinch of salt.

It's better to focus on reviews of models than specs printed on a sheet.

Panasonic make very good LCD TVs.... but they don't make a 42 inch model yet as far as i can remember. I think the biggest at the moment is 37(?)

Toshibas are generally pretty good, especially on SDTV, which is usually where LCD TVs fall down badly.

Samsung are a bit hit and miss.

Sony are usually good, but you end up paying more just because it has a Sony badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Advertisement