Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8gb USB Pen/Flash Drives

Options
  • 22-03-2008 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have been looking at a few 8gb pen drives to see whats the best value
    at the moment. I am not necessarily looking for speed just the capacity but speed is always good if you can get it for a good price.

Here are the cheapest drives I have found around on a few different sites.

I think the Sandisk from play is the best value for money and play have a couple of other good deals on keys as well.

If anyone knows of any other good deals, post them here.

eXpansys Memory 8GB Zmate USB Flash Drive
    €26.95 before delivery
    €10.90 delivery charge
    Transfer rate :Read: 13 MB/s (90x) :Write : 5 MB/s (35x)

eXpansys Memory 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
    eXpansys Memory 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
    €24.95 before delivery
    €10.90 delivery charge
    Transfer Rate: NA
    TOTAL = €35.85

A-DATA USB2.0 Flash Disk PD16 8GB, Aluminum Design
    €31.00 before delivery
    €14.00 delivery charge
    Transfer Rate: NA
    TOTAL = €45

Dabs Value 8GB USB 2.0 Drive Aluminium
    €21.99 before delivery
    €5.00 delivery charge
    Transfer Rate - 11MB/s Read, 3MB/s Write
    TOTAL = €25.99

Sandisk Cruzer Micro U3 USB Flash Drive 8GB
    €27.99 delivered
    Transfer Rate: 25 MB/s (read) 18 MB/s (write) (OR SIMILAR)
    TOTAL = €27.99

8Gb NEON Easydisk USB 2.0 Flash Drive
    €28 before delivery
    €5 delivery charge
    Transfer Rate: 13MB/sec (read) and 11MB/sec (write)
    TOTAL= €33

Thanks
    Bazual

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,086 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭green123

play wont delivery electronics to ireland

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Have bought a few 8g drives on Ebay with no problems and 10 day delivery. Average price 13 euro including postage. The same drives are over on Adverts for 35 to 40 euro. Just type 8g usb drive and take your choice.

Just noticed the exact drive on the dealextreme link http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11544 at 47 dollars. And I use dealextreme a lot for other things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4RH5&CategorySelectedId=11152&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11152,4294955928&InMerch=1
    i got this one from dabs last week for €38 , its fast , made of aluminium , comes with a lanyard and a usb extender to make it easy to connect to a desktop
    fitz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

www.argos.ie have serious reductions in their 8g and 4g flash drives at the moment. Not as keen as listed above, but you can have on Monday instead of next month:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Bought 3 4GB USB drives from various sources on eBay over the last while.

Two died in very short order, one is still going.

Be careful as most people leave feedback immediately after getting the item; before giving it a good test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Thanks for the advice folks, I just bought 2 of the dealextreme ones from ebay. Ended up paying €31.18 including delivery for 2 8gb pen drives.

Thanks

B~

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Apparently 95% of usb drives on ebay are fake. I bought an 8GB one there a few months ago. It was fake. Windows reported 8GB, but it would only hold 2GB. Contacted other people who bought same thing and left positive feedback, all of them reported that theres was fake too, but only noticed it after leaving feedback. Got my money back from seller without returning item.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Congratulations Dampsquid - I got stung in the same way - relied on PayPal to sort it out but they insist on returning the item, by registered post to Hong Kong! To get my GBP10 back, I need to spend about 7 euros on postage - better to stick with my 8/2GB(!) stick. Very frustrated, but at least I paid less than a lot of other suckers out there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

long_b wrote: »
    Bought 3 4GB USB drives from various sources on eBay over the last while.

Two died in very short order, one is still going.

Be careful as most people leave feedback immediately after getting the item; before giving it a good test.

I'd consider myself a pretty savy ebayer....but I got caught this way. A 2 mb file copied across fine, so I left good feedback...then I found out that large video files I copied across were corrupted in the transfer...won't be falling for that again!....hopefully:)
    Dampsquid wrote: »
    Apparently 95% of usb drives on ebay are fake. I bought an 8GB one there a few months ago. It was fake. Windows reported 8GB, but it would only hold 2GB. Contacted other people who bought same thing and left positive feedback, all of them reported that theres was fake too, but only noticed it after leaving feedback. Got my money back from seller without returning item.
    homer911 wrote: »
    Congratulations Dampsquid - I got stung in the same way - relied on PayPal to sort it out but they insist on returning the item, by registered post to Hong Kong! To get my GBP10 back, I need to spend about 7 euros on postage - better to stick with my 8/2GB(!) stick. Very frustrated, but at least I paid less than a lot of other suckers out there...

Obviously Homer911's memory sticks were from Hong Kong, but would be interested to know if other faulty ones were from HK/China? Have been looking at a few in UK recently. A lot of feedback, all positive. Seems genuine. Not the generic type of memory sticks tou see on HK sites. These are proper ones like Corsair Voyagers (I got one of these from Komplett and they're brilliant). Just wondering for future purchases:)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Yeah the usb memory stick i bought was from Hong Kong. Unbranded. Also bought a SD card same day from a different buyer in Hong Kong... that was faulty too. once i left negative feed back, they offered money back.

Both sellers had 99% + feedback from 1000s of buyers

Advertisement