Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Thomas cosmetics counters / BobbiBrown events?

Options
  • 22-03-2008 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Just out of interest, are you obliged to buy items with all the events in Brown Thomas? I saw nothing online about having to buy two items for the makeup application to be complimentary at a Bobbi Brown one recently. I even asked when inquiring, when booking and when I arrived to confirm it was complimentary and they said yes - you can buy things afterwards if you want to.

Then the actual girl who did my makeup was very rude, didnt listen to what I wanted and did it badly! I didnt like anything she had done, or any of the products she used and she told me I had to buy two items right then if I wanted it to be complimentary. I said I would buy stuff if I had to but I didnt see anything I would use right now. She handed me the paper and looked the other way without saying a word. I could also see her wispering about me to her colleges. Never again…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

Brown Thomas managment are very good people when dealing with complaints like that.
    If I were you I'd write them a letter, explaining how you felt.
    Chances are they'll try fix things, because they really don't like putting good customers out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

I wouldnt have minded had they informed me beforhand when I inquired that I must buy two items, I would not have gotten it done incase I wasnt happy with what they used. I didnt buy anything after that, purley because I wasnt happy with treatment she gave me! Think I'll stick to dundrum SC, they all seem to be a lot nicer on the counters there!

The full timers at a few of the make up counters (namels Bobbi Brown and MAC) change between DD and BT, my guess is you got a young girl who was having a bad day.

I'd still bring it to the management, just to let them know that there has been a problem, and so the false adds wont happen again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

somewhat related.

I got a makeover at the nars counter and it was amazing, very friendly and no pressure to buy. I'd have felt too awkward not to buy either way though.
    so it probably was just a bad day. Worth an email to management about it if you're unhappy with the service.

You'll find most make-up artist don't mind doing your face for free, especially if its a slow mid week morning, and at the end of the day, they're getting paied weather you buy or not, so you shouldnt feel pressured! Iv heard of people tipping make-up artists though if they're really happy with the service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

In general, make-up overs done on beauty counters cost 25 euro that is redeemable against purchase. This is done to stop time wasters taking up artists time and stopping people who genuinely want help and advice get it.

An event where you're invited to get a complimentry make-over to see a new product range etc. does not require you to buy anything, although that is what the company hope.

Either way, make-up counters are a daunting place (this coming from one who worked on many!) and no one should feel the pressure of buying anything (signs of a bad make-up artist) so I would definitely make a complaint. BT's are all about the customer and will take your complaint seriously. You may get some goodies out of it. ;)

Surprised about it being at Bobbi Brown as they have a good rep. If it was an event it could have been a promotional girl who was just brought in to help at the counter and just cared about a target to make. My advice is always get the name of the artist! So you can go back to them again or avoid them at all costs!

Advertisement