Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally bought a NEO GEO AES

Options
  • 22-03-2008 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭

As the title said, of all the console's ive ever wanted, this would be top 3. Ive been playin feck all of this generations consoles, and really only play my Saturn recently.

Got this for 230 sterling delivered, JAP boxed with four games, RF box and step down converter, cant wait to get it in my hands!!

So, anyone else on this board own one??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As the title said, of all the console's ive ever wanted, this would be top 3. Ive been playin feck all of this generations consoles, and really only play my Saturn recently.

Got this for 230 sterling delivered, JAP boxed with four games, RF box and step down converter, cant wait to get it in my hands!!

So, anyone else on this board own one??

You lucky lucky git. Envy isn't a strong enough word.

I know Ciderman has one, but I think it's a cd system and not an AES.

What games did you get with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

-Samurai Spirits
    -Fatal Fury Special
    -Art of Fighting 2
    -King of Fighters 94

Its been posted tomorrow, cant wait!! Looking at getting some super sidekicks, a converer that lets me play MVS carts on the aes and possibly getting some Metal Slug and Neo Turf Master (AES prices for these are huge, eg ~1500 for AES Turf Master, MVS is hell of a lot cheaper!). Once all that is got ill look at more, depending on what I can afford, especially shooters!
    Was gonna get the CD version but just had to get the real deal (plus I came into some cash recently ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

wow those are nice games.
    did u just get the jamma board and carts? do u just plug ur cab monitor/controls/power into the board then?

Placebo wrote: »
    wow those are nice games.
    did u just get the jamma board and carts? do u just plug ur cab monitor/controls/power into the board then?

No, its the AES I bought, its the home equivalant as the MVS, which was the arcade machine. Pretty much identical hardware just there's a difference in the carts. There is a converter out there though that you plug in to the AES and it lets you play MVS carts so it'll save me money on cartain games I wanna buy.
    I cant wait to plug it in and put that big arcade stick across my lap and hear the NEO GEO jingle on my own TV!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sadly, I own a NeoGeoCD, nice but not in the same league, loading times in minutes and lots of them, for example, to play a game of Last Blade 2...

Loads intially,
    Loads charcter selection,
    Loads initial prefight movie,
    Loads round one!!!
    Fight, for 30/60 seconds or so....
    Loads win/lose screen,
    Loads selection screen again.

So lots of loading because NeoGeo were too cheap to put a double speed CD Rom and a larger memory cache into the CD system.

And when they did for the systems last iteration, it broke it!

Feck, now I want an AES, arse!

At least I have "backups" of every game worth playing on the CD system, even if the loading times mean I probably die of old age before getting to play Samurai Showdown IV!
    On a brighter note they are readily modifiable, so my bro, the genius he is, popped in a switch that allows the machine to be set to Jap or US mode, Blood or English text, most every game disk comes with the US and Jap versions on, nice!

Still, would love an AES, if only to play Last Blade 2 and Metal Slug, although I must confess a certain weakness for Blazing Star.

• Advertisement

Arrived today, just as described, delighted. Gonna get really stuck into it tomorrow (the United game is this evening so gonna head for pints!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

So very, very jealous. It's the one console I've always wanted. Where did you odrer it from?

Got it off ebay, had to get it!!
    Playing it fairly solid the last two days.
    Its only when playing it I remembered how f***in hard Art of Fighting 2 is!
    Even on easy its tough as nails and special moves are even a b***h to pull off! Playing a lot of KOF94 and SS, hope to get SS2 soon, apperently the best in the series!
    Looking at some other games aswell!

Also, just to point out, if anyone else is interested, there is an unboxed AES with 6 games up on ebay for only £139 sterling (plus £56 for delivery!) here:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEO-GEO-AES-Console-6-FIGHTING-Games-Japan-Import_W0QQitemZ160223658498QQihZ006QQcategoryZ123442QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its still less than £200 for it!

Gah don't tempt me!

Yeah definitely get SS2, it's far better than the first one. I was going to reccomend getting Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves but then I looked them up on eBay and saw the prices :eek:.

• Advertisement

Creature wrote: »
    Gah don't tempt me!

Yeah definitely get SS2, it's far better than the first one. I was going to reccomend getting Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves but then I looked them up on eBay and saw the prices :eek:.

Ya, gonna get SS2 in a while, maybe save up and get another few games at once. As I said before, there is one game I really want (Neo Turmasters, IMO probably the simplest yet most addictive golf game ever!) but the guideline price is huge and I dont see them up too often anywhere.
    Thats why im hoping to invest in the l'Arcade cartridge, that lets you play cheaper MVS games on the AES.

Oh ya, like the sig ;)
    Atlanta 3rd April 94, what a show!

Never heard of it though I can't say I'd be familiar with many games of the Neo Geo that aren't beat 'em ups :D.

Glad you liked it, knew there had to be someone out there who would get it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭geotrig

yeah just saw your thread ,
    was beginning to wonder if anyone else in ireland had one , bought it about 3 years ago i always wanted one and was looking on ebay for ages before i eventualy got one it was excellent to be able to play some of the games again!! well the ones' o could afford anyway , i really wanted all the king of fighters and windjammers (still haven't got ) definetly on of the best games ever can't afford them though i have 4 of the king of fighters ,1945 aero fighters , world heros 2, fatal fury 1 +2 ,samurai showdown 2

because of the prices of the games i bought a mvs system picked it up for 20 quid and got metal slug and puzzle booble bought for 20 as well ,still haven't been able to play them i need to get a arcade monitor and build a cab for them , i also bought svc chaos as a pcb board with art work ,just need the cab now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

it's always good to see some neo love, And to ciderman don't listen to the haters They are just jealous that there neo's can't play Cd's or Sam sho Rpg. Thats if there really got Neo's ummmmmmm. ;)

oh yeah good ol' blazing star, Start looking for Leprechauns cause they should just about have enough pot of gold for the neo + blazing star. but seriously get a aes there class.

And to red mosiquito, man having a rf lead on a neo is like Having a bath in Acid. treat it with respect and get a Neo scart cable, the cool thing is, is that the md1 and Neo have the same outputs, also what were your other consoles you want to get.

Advertisement