Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M15 A4

Options
  • 21-03-2008 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I just got my first M15 A4 the other day and was curious as there seems to be some sort of chamber on the right hand side of the AEG with two very little small kind of cogs. I assum its something to do withb the hop-up controls but seeing as i have no clue how a hop-up even works i was just wondering wuld anybody care to give me a quick run through
    Thanks
    Ayrton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

your correct there all part of the hop up unit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Bingo, that's the hopup.

Basically you rotate the top cog (the one with the grips on it) forward to depress the hop bucking further into the barrel. The further you rotate it, the more hop action is used and therefore the more backspin is put on the bb. You need to spend a bit of time adjusting this to get you maximum range. Two much hop action and it'll fly out of the barrel and curl up. Too little and it'll do the opposite.
    There's a happy medium you have to find by trial and error. Fire a shot, adjust, fire, adjust and keep repeating until you have it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Ok cheers man thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Ok cheers man thanks for that.

Careful with that dude.. If its the same rifle as mine you may have problems with the metal part getting stuck on a cog when closing....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Careful with that dude.. If its the same rifle as mine you may have problems with the metal part getting stuck on a cog when closing....

that sounds strange and is not normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,518 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Puding wrote: »
    that sounds strange and is not normal

the silver cover in the hop port is fairly loose and can move slightly, just dont

ram the cocking lever home and you'll be fine :)

:cool::cool::cool:

ERmm just another thing i noticed with the high cap wind up magg i got with it. theres always about 15 bbs left in the wind up chamber is that normal ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah thats normal.,

Ermm just out of cruiousty how long should i leave the battery on for ?
    I just picked it up there and it is really hot so i plugged it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

That alls depends on the Mah and type of charger

http://www.csgnetwork.com/batterychgcalc.html
    that should help

• Advertisement

Ok thanks for that....i think i just avoided a fire hazard...
    It was suppose to be 3 hours....
    i put it on for ... ermm ...9 hours :P

Ok thanks for that....i think i just avoided a fire hazard...
    It was suppose to be 3 hours....
    i put it on for ... ermm ...9 hours :P

Guy in M.I.A said around 6 hours to me

was it hot? it'll be charged when it feels warm.,
    but if it gets really hot you could burn out the battery.,

Yeah it was hot enough so i took it out straight away.

vtec wrote: »
    was it hot? it'll be charged when it feels warm.,
    but if it gets really hot you could burn out the battery.,

Well I left it plugged in when I went out and ended up calling someone to go to my house to unplug it so my house didn't burn down haha... yeah.. it gets warm alright...

Lol good thing i got to mine in time then

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You may still have damaged the charge capacity of the battery. Might need to buy a backup when you start skirmishing.

Lol sorry I am full of questions today but for maggs for the M15

Do i just get standard M4/M16 Maggs yeah ?

yup.,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,518 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Lol sorry I am full of questions today but for maggs for the M15

Do i just get standard M4/M16 Maggs yeah ?

yeah

:cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement

Coolio Thanks

Figured I'd stick this in here...maybe someone will know... I wanna get a scope for my M15... I've tried a crappy one my bro got with a shotty... when I put it using the rail system it basically points at the top of the front ironsight... My question is... If I take the front ironsight off(which requires an allen key which doesnt come with the gun grrr) will the bit that holds the front sling clasp stay steady because it seems to be able to move....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I'm coming to this party a bit late.

I was recommended early on to get a smart-charger (which start at about 50 clams) which has auto shut-off and also can discharge batteries. Since a decent battery is from €15 - €20 and up, I figured that it would make a good investment to keep my €50+ of batteries in good shape and long life without setting fire to anything or running out of juice half-way through a game - and what do you know, it was a good decision, I'd recommend it. All the dealers do one, I got an Ansmann Smart Charger from MIA. I'm sure the other lads here know more about it and can argue the case for what they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Doomofman wrote: »
    Figured I'd stick this in here...maybe someone will know... I wanna get a scope for my M15... I've tried a crappy one my bro got with a shotty... when I put it using the rail system it basically points at the top of the front ironsight... My question is... If I take the front ironsight off(which requires an allen key which doesnt come with the gun grrr) will the bit that holds the front sling clasp stay steady because it seems to be able to move....

You could get one of these

Or this

You can also get a rail for the carry handle, or high scope mounts, to raise the scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

found this thread while searching for my query so thought I'd stick it in here save opening a new thred.

Anywho, am thinking of getting these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270245164305&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Anyone know if they will work with a CA M15a4? the description only says Tokio Marui compatible.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

havnt met a mag thatdoesnt work in mine yet

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Just got a response from ehobby, they said they wont work in CA aegs, bugger, anyone recommend a good make of mid caps that I can buy a box of.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

Ca make there own mid caps they have them on uncompany.com
    There are 130rd and come in packs of 6

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Use these with my CA M15A1vn and they work perfectly. Would definitely recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gandalf wrote: »
    Use these with my CA M15A1vn and they work perfectly. Would definitely recommend them.

Likewise with my CA M15A4 Tactical Carbine. Not a bother. They also work with my VFC Scar-L as well.

Advertisement