Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Poll; Best "Extreme Action" series

Options
  • 21-03-2008 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Kind of sad to see this forum going unused for 10 months of the year, so I thought I'd spice things up with a random poll every now and again.

I'll save some of you the effort of saying I am "teh gh3y" for not including games X and Y. If this works, then next time we can leave it more open to suggestions...
    I was also going to leave this until Ninja Gaiden 2/DS come out, but I'm not a patient man...

The best series? 6 votes

Ninja Gaiden
    0% 0 votes
    Devil May Cry
    16% 1 vote
    God of War
    83% 5 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Has to be Devil May Cry for me for DMC 3 alone. God of War doesn't deserve to be called extreme action. It's just a button masher with very few enemies requiring much strategy. It's definitely not a bad game, in fact it's brilliant, but it's hardly difficult.

Ninja Gaiden relies far too much on block and counter attack. Also once you learn that you shouldn't finish a combo on some bosses for fear of counter attack it gets a lot easier. The combat system is hardly advanced when you get your head around it.

DMC 1 was a decent game, DMC 2 was an absolute disaster, and DMC 4 seemed like a step backwards since the amount of combat options available in DMC 3 were drastically reduced.

DMC3 is a masterpiece. No blocking unless you use the right combat style and even then it's tough to pull off. No blocking means that evasion is the best means of defense resulting in a faster more exciting combat experience. The 4 combat styles change the way the game is played significantly. Loads of extra weapons to experiment with and you can carry two at a time. The combo system is just amazing and really allows you to string together your own unique combos from all your moves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well that was a bit of a non event...
    On the upside, the poll results look like a willy!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

It was worth logging in to see that alone!

Advertisement