Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability Allowance not paid this week

Options
  • 21-03-2008 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

I didnt get my DA as usual this week. I rang the DA dept in the Social Welfare Office, but couldn't get through so I rang the switchboard. The lady there said that a lot of people were ringing up about not getting their benefits so she guessed it must be a computer problem. She said that the DA staff wouldn't be back until Tuesday because it was a bank holiday weekend (er, it was 4.45pm, the staff weren't supposed to finish work until 5pm, so WTF did they think it was OK to **** off home early?)

Anyway, it's Friday and my DA STILL hasn't arrived.

So, I might not get it until NEXT WEEK?

If that's the case, the staff have ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS taking holidays whilst a problem like this exists, make sure the computer is fixed BEFORE you leave for holidays.

What if its not just DA that's affected? There could be people with exactly €0 because they thought they would be getting paid, people who (unlike me) don't have family to help bail them out if they need money to buy food.

Oh, who am I kidding, the people in the DA department work for the government, they're all detached from reality anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

My jobseekers wasnt paid on Friday either. I was told i'd start getting it on Friday but didn't get it.

Maybe all will be fixed on Tuesday?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thursday and Tuesday (tomorrow) are privilege days so staffing levels are lower than they would normally be in most non-critical sections- I'd suggest putting off ringing them until Wednesday morning. While the Department may be open until 5PM in the evening- they do operate flexitime for staff- the core afternoon period ends at 4PM- so its not really surprising that a lot of staff left for the long weekend shortly thereafter- its the same as anywhere else.

Very few staff would be involved in the computer section- its probably a small enough team- and the nature of the work is such that cover is provided the whole time, weekends and all. If a problem does arise, they don't quit at 5PM in the evening- they are there constantly. The problem may not even be in the Department- they send all their payment requests to the Central Bank for payment in good faith every week, the problem could very possibly have occurred elsewhere.

While I appreciate that getting paid late is difficult, the fact that its the Department is neither here nor there- the exact same thing happens in the private sector. Its really really tough- and the timing is poxy- I'm glad that you were able to borrow enough money from family to tide you over.

It is annoying as hell, but its not really fair to blame the DA section- it could very well be nothing whatsoever to do with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

My jobseekers wasnt paid on Friday either. I was told i'd start getting it on Friday but didn't get it.

Maybe all will be fixed on Tuesday?

My dole got suspended 3wks ago cause i moved. But I went in to them last wk and the girl told me that all my jobseekers would be there to collect in PO on TUESDAY (TODAY).. And I queued for 40mins, and then got a receipt from the postofficeclerk saying "PPS not recognised".. WTF!!

Whats going on??

I am totally broke aswell and my rent is due next Tuesday.

But my usual payday is WEDNESDAY(TMRW), so hopefully it is a computer mistake.. PLEASE GOD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Its probably cheaper to switch off the computer for the long weekend and save electricity

I normally go online look the jobs in FAS site and went there fri
    NADA

Ok wait for Tuesday??? NADA yet again

Ok stroll down to the library to read the free paper to see what jobs give and the SOB are closed fri to Wednesday

OK assume maybe FAS is closed on Tuesday as well

I go online today to FAS at 10 am and 11am and 12 mid day and zip nada

I ring head office
    The computer is down??? and they say they were working on Tuesday but I suspect thats a fib maybe 1% of the staff turned up to scratch their genitals

I go to the library and check the papers

again I go online FAS at 2pm jobs pop up

Now evening time I see other government computers are down :pac::pac:

so its becoming increasing difficult to hide the truth that in the last dying throws of the alley cat dressed up in a Tiger economy suit which keeps telling you never had it so good and don't worry about big bank overdraft's thats just temporary as we arrange your cut of the big juicy Irish economy cake (B***S***) we can all see there is no sponduliks left to pay the ESB in several government departments and probably no dough to pay the starving masses who can just go sod off and watch as this bunch of wallies government jet set off to sunny climes for Easter to spend the loot and they don't give a flying F*** the economy is gone bust like 1990 communist Russia as they planed that to happen all along :mad:

next phase of the plan
    Now all you ejits who got big overdraft's they got you buy the gollies :eek: and they want their pound of flesh:eek: and we need you to go supress the uprising from the starving masses so we can play our fiddles while the cities burn

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

I got my 2wks 05-18mar on wed, but not my 19-25march.. and the dole office phones were ringing out ALL DAY WEDNESDAY"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I didn't get my March 7th payment, and haven't received any of the ones since either.

Am gettin no joy ringing the place. Am going to the office tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Op, I got my DA paid into my bank Tuesday 18th March instead of Wednesday as usual. If it was a problem with their computers nobody would have got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

i didn't get mine either..
    scandalous...

they say it's because they're backed up with work in store street..

the HSE emergency payments won't pay out either because they say it's not their problem..

in the local social welfare office the other day i over heard a girl who had received no child allowance for her baby.. the child is now one year old...

Man kids mother with no money that sucks
    but the government will get the 35,000 rise in pay next year on time no issues
    and they wont wait for their 80k plus income a single extra day

but us plebs we can wait and wait

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

derry wrote: »
    Man kids mother with no money that sucks
    but the government will get the 35,000 rise in pay next year on time no issues
    and they wont wait for their 80k plus income a single extra day

but us plebs we can wait and wait

That may very well be the case Derry- but the average person working in social welfare (Department of Social and Family Affairs) actually earns less than the 35k increase pencilled in- so they're in exactly the same situation as everyone else.

• Advertisement

smccarrick wrote: »
    That may very well be the case Derry- but the average person working in social welfare (Department of Social and Family Affairs) actually earns less than the 35k increase pencilled in- so they're in exactly the same situation as everyone else.

well when we check most everything we find that 20% of the popution lives below poverty level or less than 20k

I suspect that 40% of the population would earn less than 25,000k
    and possibly as high as 60% would be sub 35k per annum
    that being most civil servants in the lower rungs and factory workers truck drivers and joe soaps out there

and just the pay rise INCREASE on top of earned income for the government which they deferred for a year because it was going down like a lead balloon is going to be 35,000 euro per year

but thats one issue but unemployed or low pay single mothers on social welfare payments or supplements with eneogh problems on their plates have to go spend hours hanging out in social welfare offices just to try to get what they are entitled to such as children's benefit which is given to every child possessor rich or poor and sometimes delays can last months and so can lead to food shortages for some single mothers

But I dought ministers and high up civil servant with big fat cat pay checks exceeding often 100,000 euro's per annum wait one extra day for the government pay cheque to come into their accounts

and all the fat cat civil servants got a pay rise and the lowwer down the ladder minions at the coal face got squat but a kick in the teeth and told
    TIGHTEN YOUR BELTS AND FORGET PAY RISES IT WILL TRIGGER INFLATION

but the government and top civil servants are alright jack their pay rises came in front of the falling crest of the big splash out to the fat cats and the small fry missed the big payout of the carve up of the booty of the overfilled government coffers which needed raiding while there was any excess there to be gouged out

SO ITS BACK TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN SMELLY ALLEY CATS ECONOMOMICS WERE THE NORM YOU KNEW THEM

BEFORE THEY GOT SLICKER PUT ON A MANGY TIGER SUIT ON TOP OF THE JUMPED UP ALLEY CAT AND SOME MAKE UP TO LOOK PRETTY
    AND TELL THEM THE WEAKER OPPRESSED UNDERDOGS WILD STORIES LIKE YOUR SO SO RICH CAUSE YOU CAN BORROW SO SO MUCH AND VOTE FOR US THE ALLEY CAT CARD DEALERS WE WIN YOU LOSE AND WORST YOU CANT GET OUT OF THE GAME AS THEY OWN THE BANK AND THE POLICE AND ARMY AND EVERYTHING AND ENSURE ALL THE BIG PAY RISES GO TO THE MOST DESERVING IN SOCIETY THE FAT CATS AT THE TOP

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Demonique wrote: »
    I didnt get my DA as usual this week. I rang the DA dept in the Social Welfare Office, but couldn't get through so I rang the switchboard. The lady there said that a lot of people were ringing up about not getting their benefits so she guessed it must be a computer problem. She said that the DA staff wouldn't be back until Tuesday because it was a bank holiday weekend (er, it was 4.45pm, the staff weren't supposed to finish work until 5pm, so WTF did they think it was OK to **** off home early?)

Anyway, it's Friday and my DA STILL hasn't arrived.

So, I might not get it until NEXT WEEK?

If that's the case, the staff have ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS taking holidays whilst a problem like this exists, make sure the computer is fixed BEFORE you leave for holidays.

What if its not just DA that's affected? There could be people with exactly €0 because they thought they would be getting paid, people who (unlike me) don't have family to help bail them out if they need money to buy food.

Oh, who am I kidding, the people in the DA department work for the government, they're all detached from reality anyway

Chances are that there wasnt a computer problem (dont listen to people that operate switch boards) it was because the banks/post office feck up payments around times of Bank Holidays.

Dont blame the staff in Store Street either.

Advertisement