Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 250W

Options
  • 20-03-2008 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi lads, bit of help please......

I just got a Garmin Nuvi 250w European maps. When I go to search for satellites the first image is of a map of Asia, is this normal?

I seem to be having trouble loading any maps/getting satellite reception.

Thanks, W.G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Sounds like a reset job... (turn off, keep thumb on bottom right of screen, turn on, - this will delete your personal data), at the start it asks for your country, this may not be right.
    Def worth trying that first, of course you may have a duff unit. Have a look at the Garmin help site, maybe someone else has had that problem. My 250 always starts up in the last location. Any chance the battery is totally flat?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Try to find somewhere with a clear view of the sky, especially overhead and the southern sky then just switch on the unit and wait. If you're in a car the best place to put the unit is as far forward on the dash as you can so it can see the sky ahead and overhead.

Occasionally there can be a bad configuration of satellites and if you're switching on a unit for the first time you might have to wait longer than normal. If you can leave the unit secure outdoors then try to leave it switched on for 15 minutes after it gets a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭William Gates

All sorted lads (i think), thanks for the help.

Advertisement