Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Irish POI'S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Much appreciated, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I've started my own POI's the last few months and built up a good few of them....must think about uploading them to this site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sp1derman78

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I've started my own POI's the last few months and built up a good few of them....must think about uploading them to this site

Hi guys, there is another site that you also upload your POI if you have time. I have added it to the 'handy sites' sticky. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055049455

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Hi guys, there is another site that you also upload your POI if you have time. I have added it to the 'handy sites' sticky. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055049455

I have to say taht I downloaded some of those POI's and quite honestly they're rubbish. Some of them have maybe three POI's in them, and the few that I actually tried were wrong.

Maybe there are better ones there, but after downloading about a dozen different ones, I was quite disappointed. I mean if you have a POI file with three Aldi supermarkets, don't call it a list of Aldi supermarkets. :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

rrpc wrote: »
    I have to say taht I downloaded some of those POI's and quite honestly they're rubbish. Some of them have maybe three POI's in them, and the few that I actually tried were wrong.

If you've found incorrect ones then go in and submit the correct locations for them. That site has the simplest way of creating POI's that I've seen, as all you need to be able to do is use Google Maps.

You don't need to try and figure out anything about getting ones you've created off your own GPS unit and having the longtitude/ lattitude in the right order or anything, just use the Google Maps widget and add the locations of anything that you know about to their database with a couple of clicks.

If your not going to submit POI's to the site then what exactly do you expect to be getting back from it though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement