Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4gb M2 memory card - approx €31 (incl. delivery)

Options
  • 20-03-2008 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭

mymemory.co.uk have one for about €31 incl. delivery

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

hi there!
    i know its slightly off topic but can this be used in k800i?
    thanks
    john

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

hi there!
    i know its slightly off topic but can this be used in k800i?
    thanks
    john

Yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I think the 800i only sees 2GB though

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bambaata wrote: »
    I think the 800i only sees 2GB though

No it should see the full 4gb. It's only when it goes over this that the k800i gets a bit confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

This is the page of the mobile on sony:

K800iMemoryCardSpecs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The K800i can handle the 4GB M2 cards without any problems. The 8GB cards are not "officially" supported and can cause the phone to slow down when nearly full however a quick google shows that they do actually work.

Nice deal on this one though, I'm rather tempted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

I have one of these 4gb cards in my SE K800i - works perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Anyone tell me how to get this company to ship to an Irish address? Their google checkout BS is telling me that they won't ship here for some reason

[edit] actually nevermind, I used the other option and that worked no bother

Thought postage was excessive on this initially, but it was sent tuesday, arrived this morning...not bad.

Bought this for a mate's young fella....he wanted to run out and pay €50 for a 2gb one in argos or someplace, his argument being that he didn't need 4gb anyway lol
    Comes with a pro duo adaptor too, if your phone/PSP only takes those. Great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭tonton-bob

I just received a 2GB Toshiba MicroSd card from them this morning :)

Packaging is light but, hey, free postage :D

I didn't use the google checkout but the "protx" solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Free postage? Says 5.95 on their website?

TheDriver wrote: »
    Free postage? Says 5.95 on their website?

I should have said "depending on the item" :)
    ( the website states clearly if postage is free)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

oh, coz i wanted to get 2 cards and they want 6 pound postage. still cheap though. Presume all their stock is originals and not fakes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

Thanks OP. Just picked up one of those 4Gb M2s and a sh1tload of rechargeable batteries & charger, including postage for the same price as a 2Gb MS Pro Duo in GAME.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Just noticed they have the 8GB M2 for €52 in Elara not bad compare to other online shops that have them for over €70

TheDriver wrote: »
    oh, coz i wanted to get 2 cards and they want 6 pound postage. still cheap though. Presume all their stock is originals and not fakes

your cards will come in the tiniest plastic box possible :D

I cannot be 100% sure about the brand of my card though :/

I know it's a japanese C02G reference which leads me to Toshiba ( there's only one manufacturer of MicroSd cards in Japan, other cards are just rebranded Toshiba cards) but the brand doesnt figure on the card.

Anyway I've done some tests on it, and speeds confirm that it's a Toshiba.

Ok, well done for those who understood what I just said :p

As regards cards being OEM and not fake, I can confirm that the sandisk M2 is above board...I've bought dodgy MS pro duos in the past, transfer times on the sandisk are a fair bit higher and reports as being the correct amount of bytes.

Advertisement