Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Map Update Cd 2008 how long to arrive

Options
  • 20-03-2008 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Was entitled to a free update so ordered the cd/dvd from garmin the other day - how long does it take to arrive does anyone know.

tks

Neonitrix

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

about 10 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

neonitrix wrote: »
    Was entitled to a free update so ordered the cd/dvd from garmin the other day - how long does it take to arrive does anyone know.

tks

Neonitrix

Hey, how come you were entitled to a free upgrade? I spoke to Garmin in the past and they told me they no longer offer this option? :confused:

-jayo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I finally got my update during the week, not sure of the exact date I ordered but it was around the middle of February! So took approx. 6 weeks to arrive!:eek:

On the upside my Nuvi 300 was originally purchased with only UK + Ireland loaded, however the update gave me a free upgrade to entire European maps. I did have to get a 2gig SD card to put them on as the unit those not have enough internal memory to store them all on.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Only got mine Friday, was waiting along time for it.
    Does anyone know how much it costs for those who aren't entitled to a free upgrade ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Harvey Norman are currently selling the European maps with unlock code for €89.

I think this is the best deal available, but if someone knows better please post!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Glad to see this thread.
    Mine was ordered Feb 11, still hasn't arrived. IIRC there was mention of up to 8 weeks delivery at some stage in the ordering process, which would have been up on Monday. Time to give their customer support a rattle, methinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Do-more wrote: »
    Harvey Norman are currently selling the European maps with unlock code for €89.

I think this is the best deal available, but if someone knows better please post!

With Garmins themselves the DVD is free and it only costs something around €55 after the conversion from dollar to euro to get the unlock code so that a good €30 cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Mine took around 2 weeks, Ordered 11/03 received before the end of march

Up loading today says it can take 2 hours:eek:

Anyone any experience ? have a 200W Ireland and UK also got the Euro maps :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

rtmie wrote: »
    Glad to see this thread.
    Mine was ordered Feb 11, still hasn't arrived. IIRC there was mention of up to 8 weeks delivery at some stage in the ordering process, which would have been up on Monday. Time to give their customer support a rattle, methinks!
    Well maps dvd finally arrived 11+ weeks later. Support site kept telling me T&C's were 4 to 6 weeks and I should be patient (this was at 9 weeks +) eventually rang up and with no quibble they said they would re-send, arrived 4 days later. Moral of story - ring support, don't use web forms!!

Anyway can't see the value of the updates so far, they don't correct the two major things that affected me from last version, my estate in County Meath still not mapped, only been living here 10+ years and new bypass on Dublin Sligo Road @ Rooskey/Dromad still not mapped, although Edgeworthstown bypass seems to be there. So from my random statistical sample ( ;-) ) they score 33% !!!

Advertisement