Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair Question

• 19-03-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Yeah they can do it (T&C's) it's not common to be changed by so much though - AFAIK if it's over a 2 hour change you are entitled to your money back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have had flights changed with them before, but only by half an hour or so due to them getting different landing slots, sounds like they have over booked your original flight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

robinph wrote: »
    ...sounds like they have over booked your original flight though.

I thought that was about the only sin that Ryanair don't commit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

robinph wrote: »
    I have had flights changed with them before, but only by half an hour or so due to them getting different landing slots, sounds like they have over booked your original flight though.

How do you make that out?

It's more than likely a result of schedules and slots being rejigged

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

When my flight times have been changed around previously they have still had exactly the same number of flights back and forth to that destination each day, but due to me having booked so far in advance the time slots that they get from the airport may have got rejigged as you say once you get closer to the date. With the amount of time change that the OP has been given though they have either completely cancelled the original flight, I did actually have that hapen before but that was down to them having finally pushed AerLingus off the route so went from 5 flights a day to just 4 or 3, or they over booked the original one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

Is this to check if my original flight will be added again?
    Nah, that is just the standard discalimer that all airlines will use on all bookings incase they make a last minute change to the schedules and forget/ don't have time to send out the email to tell you about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i had the same problem with ryanair when i was flying to the uk two years ago!

i got my money back with out too much hastle!

i had a great arguement with them though! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Slot changes sound like an excuse TBH, I'd be very surprised if more than a handful of the airports FR flies to are "slot" controlled... FR were vociferously against the attempt recently to have DUB changed to this system.

I've really gone off these guys since their new aircraft came on stream, the yellow & blue decor combined with the advertising etc just turns me off traveling with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I think I'm on the same flight as you! I posted about this in another Ryanair thread on this board the other day. I' meant to be going to see something at mid-day on Sunday but now I'm flying back home before it even starts! I've been trying to ring them all week but it's been engaged.

There's no other flight that suits to get home, and there's no way, even if I was to go, that I'd get to PIK for check-in for a 07:05am flight.

Advertisement