Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering

Options
  • 19-03-2008 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I'm thinking of doing mechanical engineering next year and I was wondering if anybody knows any way of doing it in less than 4 years?

In astronomy in NUI Maynooth, if you pick all physics subjects in 1st year, you can skip a year.
    If you do physics, chemistry and biology for the leaving cert, you can skip 1st year in medicine at NUI Galway.
    I was just wondering if there is anything like that for engineering. Has anybody heard of anyone skipping a year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Not a chance mate, unless you've previously done part of an engineering course
    and then dropped out, which by the sounds of it is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

there's an honours degree in UCD called engineering science, its 3 years, and 2 more for a masters

Yeah but for the 3 years in UCD I don't think you would be recognised by Engineers Ireland - you'd need the Masters.

Which, I think, you'd have to pay for yourself.

Advertisement