Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GARMIN NUVI 250 WIDE - opinions?

Options
  • 19-03-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I'm going to buy a Nuvi 250 wide, but before I purchase it I'd like to get some opinions about it.

1. Is Ireland covered well?
    2. What sort of troubles/errors you had using them?
    3. What's the difference between 'wide' version and Nuvi 250 without 'wide'?
    4. Would you recommend it or not?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

1. Is Ireland covered well? Uses Navteq maps, which have the best coverage for Ireland, still some areas not 100% and also alot of new roads missing due to been completed after the last mapping update.

2. What sort of troubles/errors you had using them? Well personally I dont have this model, I use the 350 model, but I have put a good few people on to this model and they all thing it well meets their requirments.

3. What's the difference between 'wide' version and Nuvi 250 without 'wide'? Just the Screen size and ofcourse the extra few euro

4. Would you recommend it or not? Yes I would, very good product and excellent value for money. Also Garmin have excellent support in the event that something was to go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

The Nuvi 250 wide was on offer for 182 euro on [url]www.pixmania.com.:[/url])

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

Thank you kindly lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

I have the 250w, I had the 250 and, believe me, you get very used to the widescreen, would never go back to standard size.
    As previous poster said maps are good to the point of roads finished in the last 6 months or so. I've taken mine around a lot of the country and found the map detail good (has v10 2008 maps).
    I've had no problems or trouble with mine. Only thing I dont like is that they've taken off the on-screen scale that I had with the 250, was useful.
    I would recommend it, its a good solid unit without all the bells and whistles of the more expensive units. If you do need such extras go to the 6 or 7 series. There's quite a good comparision page on the Garmin site.

One more thing, will I be able to download the latest maps ? And how much it costs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Kruk wrote: »
    One more thing, will I be able to download the latest maps ? And how much it costs?

Will probably come pre installed with the latests maps at this stage

Thanks for your messages! I bought it on pixmania.com. Should be here in next week :-) I'll let you know how it works for me.

Advertisement