Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest diesel & petrol?

Options
  • 19-03-2008 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where the cheapest fuel is at the moment?
    I'm in the Dooradoyle/Raheen area and the price of diesel is making me cry at the moment :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,142 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I got my diesel at the Esso station next to Singland Motors on the Dublin Road last Sunday at 118.9 a litre. Unleaded was the same price. That was the cheapest I found. On Monday morning the diesel was gone up to 123.9 a litre.

The Statoil/Shell out in Corbally near Grove Island was 116.9 last time I checked. Apple out in Shannon Banks are similarly priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ive payed 125.9 126.9 and 128.9 since lst saturday for dozzil.....anyone want to buy a jeep.. the 125.9 was in clarina usually the cheapest around..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I see these prices everywhere at the moment myself.
    I was hoping someone would have replied with a sub 120 price for somplace within ~10miles(I'm willing to travel for it within reason :D)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Singland motors was cheapest a couple of days ago. 118.9 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

On the old Cork or Ballyneety Rd, the first filling station on the left is usually quite cheap also, the station at Barrys Cross, out about three miles beyond B allyneety is very competitive and one of the cheapest around.
    Dooradoyle and Raheen are the dearest in Limerick, I live there and never buy more than a fivers worth....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

My brother passed a garage in Dublin yesterday selling petrol at 1.79 a litre!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I can reply with a sub 1.20 price for diesel and petrol but it is not within 10 miles of the city. On the way to Newcastle West there is a petrol station about 2 mile from Newcastle on the left and this morning it was 118.9. It is not one of the big brand stations like Shell etc. It is called Discount Fuels I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Apple in Shannon banks is the cheapest in Limerick at the moment. Petrol is 116.8 or 111.8 if you are buying a car wash at the same time. Has been that price for nearly a month now.

The same off applies with diesel, 5 cent off a litre if you were getting a carwash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Yeah ive found that Apple place and the Shell in Corbally to consistently be the cheapest around.

IIRC the Shell here in Shannon is charging 119

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Melion wrote: »
    Yeah ive found that Apple place and the Shell in Corbally to consistently be the cheapest around.

IIRC the Shell here in Shannon is charging 119

Shell in Corbally 116.9 at the mo

• Advertisement

jackncoke wrote: »
    Shell in Corbally 116.9 at the mo

Is that a petrol or diesel price?

thats petrol,

SickBoy wrote: »
    Is that a petrol or diesel price?

Diesel there is 122.9 a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Cheap fuel is one thing, but you'll get different mileage from different stations. Dont ask me why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Cheapest I usually see are the Shell in Thomondgate (though I think it's usually the same price as in the one in Corbally), and sometimes the Emo on Clare St. Don't know about diesel though.

Whenever I'm in Patrickswell I usually find it a good bit cheaper than in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Shell in thomondgate is the cheapest as far as i know.

Always found petrol in Apple in Corbally terrible,dont ask me why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

petrol 120 in Patrickswell this morning, yeah that station on Adare side of Newcastlewest usually cheapest in the county, 117 last wk but has since gone upto 119...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭phog

Xennon wrote: »
    Cheap fuel is one thing, but you'll get different mileage from different stations. Dont ask me why.
    jackncoke wrote: »
    Always found petrol in Apple in Corbally terrible,dont ask me why

Over the last few weeks I have got all my fuel in either Apple, Corbally or Thomongate and my driving is generally urban with one or two long journeys and I've averaged 14 Kms to a litre of fuel regardless of where I've purchsed. Not scientific but certainly an indicator.

These prices are accurate as of 16:00 today
    Petrol			Diesel
    Statoil Dooradoyle		121.9			127.9
    Maxol Dooradoyle		121.9			124.9
    Texaco Raheen			120.6			124.9
    Texaco Dock Road		122.9			128.9
    Statoil Dock Road		122.9			128.9
    Shell Dock Road			122.9			128.9
    Top Clarina			118.9			124.9
    Centra Patrickswell		120.9			124.9
    Esso Patrickswell		120.9			127.9
    Maxol Patrickswell		127.9			126.9
    Texaco Kilmurry			119.9			122.9
    Singland Motors			118.9			122.9
    Maxol Across from Singland	118.9			125.9
    Amber Old Cork Road		118.7			122.7
    Statoil Roxboro			121.9			127.9

• Advertisement

Pat Keogh on the Tipperary Road is charging 130.9 for his diesel afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

117.2 for petrol in Apple in Shannonbanks. A further 5c off a litre if you are getting any car wash at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

I always go and fill up a full tank at TOP in Clarina - not too much of a spin from Dooradoyle and worth it for a full tank! :)

Thanks for the list Sickboy!

BTW lads, check www.pumps.ie and maybe update it yourself the odd time if you notice a price - good or bad. Its a great idea - only started using it again there recently.

Diesel 119.9 in Singland Motors...

SickBoy wrote: »
    Diesel 119.9 in Singland Motors...

Spotted that today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Thanks for the list Sickboy!
    +1.
    Where's it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Right , this is going to be a half assed post . I got petrol last week on Clare Street , it was cheaper than any other price I personally had seen around , but , I don't know the name of the station :o ... it is the one just off the round about accross from where Squirel c& c used to be , I think there is a furniture store there and maybe and electrical store there as well ...... left side going out .................... WHAT ! ... I'm old ... leave me alone .

oh yeah , I can't remember the exact price either .

peckerhead wrote: »
    +1.
    Where's it from?

Stations I passed personally and a few phone calls...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

jonski wrote: »
    Right , this is going to be a half assed post . I got petrol last week on Clare Street , it was cheaper than any other price I personally had seen around , but , I don't know the name of the station :o ... it is the one just off the round about accross from where Squirel c& c used to be , I think there is a furniture store there and maybe and electrical store there as well ...... left side going out .................... WHAT ! ... I'm old ... leave me alone .

oh yeah , I can't remember the exact price either .

Emo. I think it's 119.9 for petrol now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 appletartman

A new TOPAZ filling station (its a spar express) opened on the Mountmellick road in Portlaois. Petrol and diesel is 112.9 a litre. Just down the road theres a campus filling station (owned by my cousin and also a spar express) he's selling petrol and diesel for 114.9 but on a Saturday and Sunday he sells it for 109.9 when you buy any car wash. This price war has been going on ever since TOPAZ moved in and we're all delighted!

Advertisement