Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless down on netopia router

Options
  • 19-03-2008 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,

I have a netopia router from eircom and i am having some problems with the wireless connection. The ethernet connection is fine but when i log onto the router it tells me the the wireless is down. Anyone any idea how to bring it back up?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

You could try resetting it by sticking a pin into the little hole in the back until the power light blinks red. If that doesnt work go into wireless on the router page and make sure it is enabled. If not call them and they should send you a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Try unplugging it for a while first before trying the pin or else you'll need to run the setup CD again. Did you have a look under the settings for wireless also?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

I've had problems with eircom's netopia routers dropping the wireless signal, turned out the power supply for the router was packing in and with the drop in voltage the router would boot up but not send wireless signals, go figure...anyway if the above does'nt work try a different power adaptor (12v DC iirc) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 wom14

I unplugged it and it came back up! Cheers for the help! :)

Advertisement