Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter weekend - where won't be packed ?

Options
  • 18-03-2008 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions for a family break this weekend - within child-friendly driving distance of Dublin ? In other words, not Donegal, West Cork or Kerry.

We have a few favourites, but from memory most of them are pretty busy on Bank Holiday weekends. Rosses Point is one option, but last time we were there on a bank holiday we ended up 'wild camping' in the car park next door. Nore Valley Farm in Kilkenny is another option, but again bank holidays are the only time we have been there and stayed in the top/overflow field.

I think Nore Valley may win out because of the chance for the kids to play with the lambs, chicks, rabbits, etc . . . especially given the weekend that's in it.

z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Weather's supposed to get really bad (wintry showers and all).

I for one won't be going anywhere ...van's still under cover (just returned from non-camping holiday) ...planned to get it out for easter, but having seen the weather forecast I think I won't bother (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

Z

You could try Parsons Green Great park for children .indoor play area for when it rains. farm with all kind of animals ..Shop .nice walks very close to village. Rivervalley in Redcross in co. wicklow playground ..takeaway.. pub..
    Bido

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

I would really love to get away in the van this weekend. However with the weather forecast as cold windy and showery, I have to tell myself , is it better to be at home with the family where they can run around and play with their stuff, the alternative being stuck in a campervan on a site. I look forward to some nice weather, where we can cook outside , have nice walks and let the kids loose.
    Best chance of a getaway this weekend is a run to Killaloe or one of the local spots for the day.:p

Advertisement