Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game fairs

Options
  • 18-03-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

any game fairs coming up soon in south or north ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Try and get to a UK Countrymans Fair if you can. Nothing Compares!!!
    Went to Midlands Game Fair last year. Took 2 days to get around all the stalls and still didn't see the fishing section. It's definitley worth the weekend trip and with the sterling so good in value you'd be mad not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Last week's shooting times had a map in it with all UK game fares including NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I love game fairs, great fun.
    went to the Moira game fair a couple of years ago with my dog and a friend.
    Highlight for me was when an RAF Harrier jumpjet flew over us, turned round and hovered over the field in front of us for around two mins, have you ever heard thr roar from a jet at full tilt??:eek::eek::eek::eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

Yip I was at that one the noise and sight was savage. I liked the French hunting horns too. They have a tune for everything. E.g 'There's the Hare', 'The dogs on the hare', 'Let's run after the Hare', 'He shot the Hare', 'The hares still going!', must be a b**ch taking those lads with you roughshooting!:p

Moira in the North is good, If you only go to one up there, go to Shanes castle. The rest are not worth it!

Mallards.

Also tip for moira, Solway feeders (game keeping equipment from Scotland) go and they have a good range of stuff and if you want something from the online catalogue, give them an email and ask them to bring how many you want to the fair! No Shipping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

mallards wrote: »
    Yip I was at that one the noise and sight was savage. I liked the French hunting horns too. They have a tune for everything. E.g 'There's the Hare', 'The dogs on the hare', 'Let's run after the Hare', 'He shot the Hare', 'The hares still going!', must be a b**ch taking those lads with you roughshooting!:p

Moira in the North is good, If you only go to one up there, go to Shanes castle. The rest are not worth it!

Mallards.

Also tip for moira, Solway feeders (game keeping equipment from Scotland) go and they have a good range of stuff and if you want something from the online catalogue, give them an email and ask them to bring how many you want to the fair! No Shipping!

I must have missed the horns:(
    I will look out for Shanes castle this year, probably take the trip to Moira again and possibly go to thr UK for one of the big ones over there.
    Good idea on Solway Feeders, No shipping cost, YIP YIP:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Try and get to a UK Countrymans Fair if you can. Nothing Compares!!!
    Went to Midlands Game Fair last year. Took 2 days to get around all the stalls and still didn't see the fishing section. It's definitley worth the weekend trip and with the sterling so good in value you'd be mad not to.

i'l second that. i went to the BASC welsh fair last year. best weekend in a long time, guns, dogs, country pursuits, beer, everything done professionally (not like the irish attempts at fairs), oh yeah, did i mention beer?

Advertisement