Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sd/mmc card READER for €2

Options
  • 18-03-2008 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

picked up a couple of these in the €2 place in nutgrove sc earlier.
    work well but ive only tested on sd card so far. they look like usb memory keys. They are a real steal at this price so I stocked up ;)

They are the gadget tech packaged ones that a lot of these places seem
    to stock so id imagine many of the €2 places may have them.

Also got a €2 usb vacuum for getting annoying crumbs out of the keyboard :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

What was the name of the the shop {I know there is lots of different Pound/2€ shops}, cause is sould like just what I need for my WRT mod.
    calex71 wrote: »
    picked up a couple of these in the €2 place in nutgrove sc earlier.
    work well but ive only tested on sd card so far. they look like usb memory keys. They are a real steal at this price so I stocked up ;)

They are the gadget tech packaged ones that a lot of these places seem
    to stock so id imagine many of the €2 places may have them.

Also got a €2 usb vacuum for getting annoying crumbs out of the keyboard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah I got one of these actually, meant to post about it. Works great so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Cool thanks for that, these are about €10 in Tesco. I know the GadgetTech range in the €2 Shop; great range, handy gadgets, cheap as chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

cheaper one here for $1.95 incl delivery ;)

works out at €1.24 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    What was the name of the the shop {I know there is lots of different Pound/2€ shops}, cause is sould like just what I need for my WRT mod.

http://www.eurogeneral.ie/retail/locator.htm

These guys have them too... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

smemon wrote: »
    cheaper one here for $1.95 incl delivery ;)

works out at €1.24 :p

Yeah that's super cheap and I notice they've a range of other cheap items. But whats the story about delivery to Ireland and customs? Have you bought from them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Oracle wrote: »
    Yeah that's super cheap and I notice they've a range of other cheap items. But whats the story about delivery to Ireland and customs? Have you bought from them before?

use them all the time for bits and bobs like that..

max i've ordered in one go would be around $20 worth of stuff, so customs don't bother with it...

delivery is slow, as in 1-2 weeks, but well worth it in the end :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Oracle wrote: »
    Small valued items under about €20 are exempt from taxes/duties etc. Or maybe that's just from the EU? Anyway - I've got lots of stuff from them and had no customs problems.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

TM wrote: »
    Small valued items under about €20 are exempt from taxes/duties etc. Or maybe that's just from the EU? Anyway - I've got lots of stuff from them and had no customs problems.

No customs on items from inside the EU (except nasty things like cigarettes and alcohol). Everywhere else once it's over €22 CIF (i.e. including packaging, insurance and freight) or over €45 CIF if it's a gift you pay duty on it.

Advertisement