Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broke my leg

Options
  • 18-03-2008 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hey I broke my leg yesterday :(,my job dont pay sick pay Im in fulltime employment.Anyone know what i have to do to get assitance from the social,and how much I get.Thanks is advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Feel so bad for you, ive been through it!!

You need to ring the social and get them to send some form out (i think) and then you have to go up to your doc every week or 2 and get him to sign a disability cert for you. U can then post it or drop it into the social every week.

I got 130euro a week cos I was still living at home, if ur notliving at home i think its 185euro a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks for that I will give them a shout in the morning.I feel so helpless its really crap.I cant imagion being on crutches for the next 4-6 weeks.:(

Hey what did you do for the time to pass.My arms are killing me from holding myself up.May try and go back to work next week.We'll see my job may not let me some insurance reasons.

4-6 weeks is nothing, i was on crutches for 10 weeks during the summer. Luckily it was around the time of the World Cup 2006 so i watched every single game, read a lot of books, listened to Moncrieff on the radio everyday religiously while lying in the sun in the back garden. Planned a big holiday for when i could walk again and did a lot of sleeping. Wasnt actually all that bad!!

The crutches will give you good decent muscles, I was flying around on them after a couple of weeks they become like your legs.

The day i walked without the crutches for the first time in 10weeks was an amazing day for me, keep looking forward to that.

What did you do, break the tibia? I did my tibial plateau which is one of the worst areas to break, mostly better now 2 years later

Hey I couldnt tell you what I broke...my ankle is all I know.I have to wear a David Beckam boot next week that should be fun.Thank god for sky or I think I would be driven around the twist.You said the crutches become like your leg,I hope so Im in pain using them,bloody arms are killing me.Well thanks for the advise know I will just have to keep wiggling my toes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

op,all you need to do is ask ur doctor for a social welfare cert its called an MC1 its a few pages fill it in and drop it in to ur local social welfare office or post it 2 dublin the address is on the form.it will be quicker if you post it up.then every week u call into ur doc and he gives u a cert until ur back working.once u send up the 1st cert it will be handier to bring the certs to ur local office(some local offices cant put u on the system but can key in the subsquent certs)

Thanks a mill.I went to that VHI swift clinic and they took my RSI number and I havnt heard anything from them since.I thought they sent it to the socail welfare office.Do I have to see my local Dr as well?This is going to cost me a small fortune :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

id say ur best bet is to go back to the clinic and ask for a social welfare cert,if they cant give u one go see ur local GP dont think he will charge for it(not sure) but he cant charge you for the weekly certs that you wil need i know that for sure(he gets a fee from social welfare).let me know how u get on

I got charged!! 30euro per visit every 2 weeks for 4 months

You got charged no way thats not on.Well I went back to clinic and I have to go back on Monday to get another cert,and so on.Someone said as i have only purchased my own house I can get something eles off the social,anything ye can shed a light on?Not being greedy but ya dont ask !;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement