Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been for a Neurological scan in UCD?

Options
  • 18-03-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Any info would be great - thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

jameshayes wrote: »

Any info would be great - thanks!
    i think you posted this in the wrong forum maybe in health forum somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

davey180 wrote: »
    i think you posted this in the wrong forum maybe in health forum somewhere?

My dog's been for a neuro scan in the UCD Veterinary Hospital. What do you need to know (assuming this is about a pet :))?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

javaboy wrote: »
    My dog's been for a neuro scan in the UCD Veterinary Hospital. What do you need to know (assuming this is about a pet :))?
    sorry i thought it was a patient hospital, very sorry,im laughing at myself at this,what a tool i am sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

davey180 wrote: »
    sorry i thought it was a patient hospital, very sorry,im laughing at myself at this,what a tool i am sorry.

lol! i'm not going mad dont worry!

Dog(not mine) is going for a scan next week, just wondering what to expect.. Dog is having petit mal - is only 12 months old - cardiac problems ruled out also...

How long does it take? Whats the process? Are the vets etc friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

jameshayes wrote: »
    lol! i'm not going mad dont worry!

Dog(not mine) is going for a scan next week, just wondering what to expect.. Dog is having petit mal - is only 12 months old - cardiac problems ruled out also...

How long does it take? Whats the process? Are the vets etc friendly?

The machine is funnily enough used for humans as well AFAIK. It is a mobile van that they have the use of once a month/fortnight I think. The scan itself should take very little time I think but I suppose it varies from case to case what preparations would be necessary before/observation after the scan. I'm sure UCD will be in touch about any fasting etc. required before the scan.

The first time I went, the van had broken down in traffic and they had lost their allotted time by the time the van was fixed. :( When I did get the scan done, I think they kept him in overnight but there were other medical issues involved so this may not be related to the scan.

As always the staff and vets in UCD were very friendly. Vets Flo and Aidan were very knowledgeable and helpful. Hope this helps a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Thanks, that does help.... hopfully he wont need to be kept in..

Advertisement