Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C++ Rendering Project

Options
  • 18-03-2008 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Howyas, I have to do a C++ project where I have to render a box on to a screen without using any packages except for the basic MFC application stuff.
    So far all I hav is a 3d wireframe box. Now I have to use something like Phongs scanline algorithm to fill in the box. All of the notes I have are just about the theory of the scanline algorithm NO CODE.

So... I was wondering if anybody has done anything like this before, or anywhere I could look at some code that does what I have just described.

Thanks for any help at all.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

There are course notes here that explain a scaline algorithm well (with some pseudocode), shouldn't be hard to code up - especially since you've already been able to make the wireframe so you have all the transformations sorted out already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Otna

Thanks

Advertisement