Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

difficult work situation- where should I look for remedy

Options
  • 18-03-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi

I guess I am talking about penalisation, but I can't find a specific piece of legislation that covers it - and I've completed a employment law course !!

In short, extra work as added to my own, in real terms the same work but now for an additional company, other colleagues have receives increases with diminish the difference in pay scale which was meant to indicate my more senior role , and I've not received the increased as per the national agreement which we have supposedly signed up for. Added tot hat I have access to details of other e'ees earnings etc which makes it awkward . I have approached my immediate superior who agrees I shoudl be earning more, compensated for the additional work, but does not seem to see it as something he should resolve. and have spoken to the MD who was to get back to me , sever months ago

I understand I could resign and claim constructive dismissal but thats a torturous route to go down

Oh and I've no contract

Can I insist additional duties ( which I've now carried out for some time ) should also mean more remuneration. I'm not talking about extra workload but what is clearly entirely new work .

what legislation should I be looking at? I don't want it to get awkward but I've brought the subject up several times with no movement and I would only be a fool to endure this on a continuing basis .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I would say you haven't a leg to stand on until you get a contract.

If your duties or job description are not documented, it's your word against theirs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

its the olld story

new manger come into department with 100 workers
    decided to fire 50 of them and tells the other fivety they must do the all the work of the 100 workers

then his bonus is the salary of the 50 workers that got fired

later he moves off and another new manager comes and halfs the 50 workers to 25 blah blah

Your the sandwich that make the managers the money on your back and better for them its two company merger even more fudges in the contract

I would look a union or solicitor for smaller grade jobs or lawer for high income jobs buts its not looking good from what you say and I would investigate the track record of similar companies in the industry to see if this the normal trend well known trend with banking sector

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Get all duties in writing

Advertisement