Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrari Sat Nav

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Price seems to be right - check out:
    http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/794/becker-traffic-assist-7929-ferrari

Probably end of line and they are selling it at a discounted rate.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Seems a very good price alright. Also uses the superior NAVTEQ mapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I had a becker a couple of years back and updates where scarce for them.
    It would be worthwhile to log onto their site and see what updates they offer.

Some nice features of becker is ,Fuel stations are marked with actual logos.
    Garages are marked by the manufacturer logos and they are floating icons.

Also some have an autozoom feature .The faster you go ,the more it zooms out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Looks good. Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

• Advertisement

It's €357 on pixmania.ie, Temporarily out of stock.

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/r/23/becker

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That looks a great deal. Anyone know if you can get US maps for it? have looked at Navteq and Becker sites and can't find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Great price if I could ever get Dabs to sell me anything.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

I had the very same question regarding US maps...so I emailed them and got the response below:

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ.

We inform you that in a couple of months the USA maps will be available for your Becker,we suggest you register with us to be informed when we'll start selling them.

Should you require additional information, please send us your feedback by replying to this email including your reference number. You may also contact us through our Customer Service Centre at the phone numbers provided below.

With kind regards,

NAVTEQ Customer Service Centre
    PO Box 501
    7300 AM APELDOORN
    THE NETHERLANDS
    International Toll Free Number: 00800 18 23 53 22
    Local Toll Free Number Germany: 0800 181 6065
    Local Toll Free Number France: 0800 914 478
    Local Toll Free Number Italy: 800 781 145
    Telephone Number: +31 555 384 245
    Fax Number: +31 555 433 947

pity, I need US maps in May...

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Great price if I could ever get Dabs to sell me anything.:pac:

How come? Bad account history? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Canonfan wrote: »
    How come? Bad account history? :D

Nah, no account history.:p 3 times I tried to order stuff from them and each time the orders were held up for 'security reasons'. Emails go back and forth verifying address and other details, the same details I use for every other online store without problem. Each time I got fucked up waiting and I cancelled each order.
    Never bothered with them since. Bought of Dabs UK loads of times no problem. Ah well.

I had bad experience with Dabs too,the problem was with their delivery partner - Parcel Force.

Parcel Force wouldn't deliver my order because my contact number wasn't given by Dabs.ie. I had to call Parcel Force every time to chase my order.
    I used Dabs three times then I had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I ordered some stuff of DABS.ie last summer and had no problem. Delivered within the week.

Maybe I got lucky :-)

The site is good, only problem with me was delivery.

I might try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I've ordered three times from dabs.ie. Each time it was fine. Delivery was within a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone order one of these? Thinking of doing so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Order placed :) Hopefully it'll arrive within the week and there'll be no problems :o

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi,
    Becker store has it for £525!
    I ordered one as need it for France.
    Hope it is good.
    Thanks YOP.
    pajoe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone know if it comes with a car charger? Also how would it compare with a Garmin Nuvi? And does it "tell" you the directions or simply show them on screen?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Nah, no account history.:p 3 times I tried to order stuff from them and each time the orders were held up for 'security reasons'. Emails go back and forth verifying address and other details, the same details I use for every other online store without problem. Each time I got fucked up waiting and I cancelled each order.
    Never bothered with them since. Bought of Dabs UK loads of times no problem. Ah well.

Same here, every time I have an order, even though there is nothig to be changed in my account details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Anyone know if it comes with a car charger? Also how would it compare with a Garmin Nuvi? And does it "tell" you the directions or simply show them on screen?

I have a becker myself, and mine came with car charger and it does "tell" you the directions, I'd say the ferrari one is the same.
    This is the one I have.

http://www.mybecker.com/enUS/MOBILE+NAVIGATION-Traffic+Assist+Highspeed+7934-Overview.html

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers Neil, how do you find it?

I usually borrow my Dads Nuvi 660 and find it excellent, any idea how this would compare?
    I know that it won't have bluetooth and the screen is smaller,not really worried about that but just wondering what it would be like in terms of ease of use and accuracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭JMcL

Has anybody actually got one of these yet, and if so, how up to date are the maps? There's a suggestion on other threads that they're shipping with 2006 maps, which given that Becker map upgrades come to a rather steep €129 for the latest DVD from Navteq, would make the price decidedly less attractive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi,
    Just got mine delivered from Dabs. It does say 2006 on the CD.
    I have not tried the GPS yet but it looks the business.
    I think its a good buy at 165 Euro delivered especially with the european maps (I need the french maps).
    Its 237 euro on german amazon and 525 sterling on beckers own store (are they insane!)
    Pajoe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Hi,
    Just got mine delivered from Dabs. It does say 2006 on the CD.
    If the unit is upgradeable with no hassle/cost, then it's quite a good buy, considering it covers 38 countries.

Edit: After checking Navteq's site, they do charge €129 euro for the latest maps. Perhaps a free upgrade can be done through the Becker site though; they do have an upgrade area, but it doesn't say what upgrade is currently available for each unit.

Advertisement