Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair fuzzy after washing

Options
  • 17-03-2008 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Quickie for all you trend fiends.

After I shower and my hair dries, it's kinda fuzzy (I'm a guy with short hair).

Was wondering what could I use to de-fuzz my hair thus giving it a natural look as I'm fed up with using gel as it's obvious there's gel in it then.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 traceyde

Its all down to product if youve got fuzzy hair...get advice from any hairdresser, they will advise you which product should work best for you.....if not satisfied with the results just shave it all off and you will have no fuzzy hair worries then!!!....summer is coming and the temperatures are starting to rise slowly so u won,t have a cold head if you decide to get rid of it all!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

kraggy wrote: »

Was wondering what could I use to de-fuzz my hair thus giving it a natural look as I'm fed up with using gel as it's obvious there's gel in it then.

Thanks,

Do you use conditioner? If not that could be the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

fuzzy like the moors of scotland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

yeah get a leave in conditioner ... it will make it look natural and not fuzzy at all ... if you cant get your hands on a leave in conditioner (they are hard to find) just put a small bit of normal conditoner on the tips of ur hair and leave in ... also it would be worth running a hairdryer through it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Q & A Frizz by Charles Worthington or Frizz Ease by John Frieda. Put a peanut size squeeze of either in the palm of your hand after towel-drying your hair and style as normal. Both very good and you won't look like you have any product in your hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

I got some frizz ease stuff n dont think its any good. My hair is still real fluffy looking after washing and conditioning.

I want it to have a definition without looking greasy. my hairdresser suggested byrlcream, i said no i dont want it to look greasy and then he suggested gel!! So i gave up.

Im going for this look, look how its not gelled/greasy looking but still not fluffy. How is that achieved?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1514027/20051117/hives.jhtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Thats a hair straightener job I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

kraggy wrote: »

Thanks,
    How often do you wash your hair? It sounds like you may be washing it too much and causing it to dry out and perhaps damaging it too; the latter is especially likely to happen if your shampoo contains Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (most do).

Blow drying or using a towel to dry your hair could also damage it in that way; letting it air dry is usually best.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

try A good shampoo and conditioner.

Maybe the Aussie 3 minute miracle mask conditioner would help too.

Forky wrote: »
    Thats a hair straightener job I'd say

Dont think thats straightened, maybe its just naturally straight like that?

• Advertisement

Lamps wrote: »
    I got some frizz ease stuff n dont think its any good.

Im going for this look, look how its not gelled/greasy looking but still not fluffy. How is that achieved?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1514027/20051117/hives.jhtml

Anyone know what product to put into the hair to achieve this? Should I use a wax?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

As is my customary answer to everything on this board, buy American Crew Fiber wax, it's the best for that dry effect, is about 12eur but lasts ages too. Grafton barber. As for the unfrizziness, use some of the wax as your hair is damp from the shower and then blowdry it or use a hair protector spray when you get out of the shower. Conditioner and shampoo won't do anything for it, I know because I had the same problem as the OP for years

I thought American Crew Fiber was for using in short messed up sort of styles? WOuld it be any use for this cut?

What shops have it, wont be in town for a while. Boots dont stock it.

Am going to wash it later, then put the Frizz ease in, then put the serum in, the moose and then lightly blow dry it and style it. If i need anything more I will put a bit of Matt clay I have lying around into it.

I need it to look good tonight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mattyboy20

I had the same problem. I'm a guy with shortish hair. Conditioner for dry hair (leave in for 2 minutes in shower) and then straighten it. And don't tell anyone you straighten it or they'll call u a fairy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Yeah Ye need a good conditioner, and some product

I use Brylcreem Gel, that stays in your hair, and brushed out

So if you use a little it'll stop the frizz, but it wont look gelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I use a tiny bit of Dax wax... rub it in your hands til it gets nice n' warm (and becomes a thin layer), then just lightly comb your fingers through your hair a few times.
    Post-shower frizz = gone.

Advertisement