Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 250 Shutdown

Options
  • 17-03-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Has any Nuvi250 owner experienced the unit switching itself off?
    I was driving out of Dublin on Sunday and mid journey it just sitched itself off. I thought the battery was gone but when I got a chance to stop, about 5minutes later, I turned it aback on and had 3 bars!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Has any Nuvi250 owner experienced the unit switching itself off?
    I was driving out of Dublin on Sunday and mid journey it just sitched itself off. I thought the battery was gone but when I got a chance to stop, about 5minutes later, I turned it aback on and had 3 bars!
    Have had some odd effects on a nuvi 250W - recalculating for no good reason on a straight road in clear signal, or losing signal and more or less restarting now and then - I THINK it got better since I updated the firmware - use the utility suggested in MyGarmin - called updater or something - that's as distinct from the map updating utility.
    From what I have read on the 'net it does seem that there were some problem units and people have returned them under warranty to Garmin. I'm keeping a close eye on mine - there are days where it takes way too long "acquiring satellites".
    db.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Have had some odd effects on a nuvi 250W - recalculating for no good reason on a straight road in clear signal, or losing signal and more or less restarting now and then - I THINK it got better since I updated the firmware - use the utility suggested in MyGarmin - called updater or something - that's as distinct from the map updating utility.
    From what I have read on the 'net it does seem that there were some problem units and people have returned them under warranty to Garmin. I'm keeping a close eye on mine - there are days where it takes way too long "acquiring satellites".
    db.

I've been using mine since Jan and this was the 1st time anything like this happened but some days it takes ages to acquire satellites! I've been checking for updates every few weeks so a.f.a.i.k. I have the latest firmware. Will check again this evening.

Just ran the webupdater and I already have the latest unit software.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

The GPS reciever is differant in the 200 range from the rest of the Nuvi range, I was told from a dealer. Maybe its less sensative, but I bought the 300 model in light of that.

mondeo wrote: »
    The GPS reciever is differant in the 200 range from the rest of the Nuvi range, I was told from a dealer. Maybe its less sensative, but I bought the 300 model in light of that.

Also, just noticed a while back that if I lock the screen ... the sound/voice mutes

• Advertisement
Advertisement