Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ump

Options
  • 17-03-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

My friend told me you can use MP5 mags in a UMP. Is this true???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

no they are not compatible, the DE ump and the G&P share the same mags and the star ump has it own but mp5 mags will not work in any ump model

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Thanks, I was wandering, do you know where I could get DE UMP mags???I've tried eirsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Puding wrote: »
    no they are not compatible, the DE ump and the G&P share the same mags and the star ump has it own but mp5 mags will not work in any ump model

Thats handy to know puding, thanks as well.;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    Thanks, I was wandering, do you know where I could get DE UMP mags???I've tried eirsoft.

Eirsoft has them, I got some there.

Rew wrote: »

Hi caps, per chance, does anyone know where to get mid caps? I have a DE UMP and a mate of mine has a couple, but I can't ask him as he's away a the minute. He had a couple of mid caps withabout 90 bb's? so any idea where and how much?:)

• Advertisement

mid caps are a bit rare for the De + G&G ump im petty shore that there is no clone mid cap for the ump at least and i rarely see the g&g version about

mid caps are a bit rare for the De + G&G ump im petty shore that there is no clone mid cap for the ump at least and i rarely see the g&g version about

I've handled one! but as I said I don't know where my mate got em(will have to quizz him)

I have seen a review by somone who has both the G&G and the DE UMP and he reckoned the DE was the better AEG!! Have to say anyone who picks up my DE wants one, recjon I've sold about 10 for Tony!! :D

I got hi-cps from tony but I would like to try G7G mgs as im a bit suspect of the clone ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

I can't find them??? can you give me a link???

tony posted in his thread that he does not have any at the moment i believe

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I have seen a review by somone who has both the G&G and the DE UMP and he reckoned the DE was the better AEG!! Have to say anyone who picks up my DE wants one, recjon I've sold about 10 for Tony!! :D

I was actually just comparing those 2 today and although the DE is a cracking AEG id defo have the G&G over it just going off the quality alone., but in fairness the DE costs a lot less and its not exactly far off it in terms of looks and feel.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ah but how does it shoot? I've always conisdered getting one, the thing that puts me off is the mag length though. It's the one issue I have with P90s too. Mag pouches for both are a nightmare.

yeah i agree dex,., the mags are a bit long but the gun itslef feels the business., its like a cross between an MP5 and a G36c really.,
    being G&G it will be close to the limit and the internals are beautiful in them., no cheapo stuff at all.,

It's supposed to be that kind of cross breed. It's the replacement for the now production-ceased MP5 along with the MP7. I like it a lot, it's got a very distinct and imposing profile. I actually like the mags, it's just the pouch issue that kills it for me. I've seen a set of pouches running horizontally along the back of the MOLLE vest at the bottom that allow the user to just reach under their arm for a mag which was pretty nice but it still looked a bit clumsy.

ump or p90 pouch and storage problems? then have a look over at http://thevestguy.com/

p90/ump items
    http://thevestguy.com/category.asp?id=169

or molle pouch http://thevestguy.com/product.asp?id=10180

Yeah I've seen that, I just find it odd that you'd need to get the pouches custom made. Still, it is an option, and the guy does good work from all the reports I've heard.

yes he is very good and for 'custom' work the prices are very good, always good to get together and order in bulk to be economical on shipping thought'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Flecktarn and UNcompany have drop leg P90 pouches, i have one they're alright but still not great, i'd rather have a large dump pouch for them

im the same, i not mind a vest rig with molle pouch's for the p90/ump but the mags length does sometimes restrict your upper body movement, im looking at http://thevestguy.com/product.asp?id=10193 as an option for both the ump/p90 but its large and heavy ish to have one one leg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

DE UMP is on my list of things to buy too.
    I actually prefer the look of the DE make to the G&G.
    Been meaning to buy one for ages but they are always out of stock.

~B

• Advertisement

tony posted in his thread that he does not have any at the moment i believe

He has no G&G ones but he didnt mention clone ones.

i just skim read ump :) will teach me to just skim read :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

RSOV has 0 of them in stock atm. I was up at gorse and stuck with one Hi-Cap:( Though 500 rounds is nice.

And for you sneaky little b0llocks' out there they are surprisingly qite compared to other mags imo. Maybe its due to the vertical stacking.

Dex, does your vest have any elasticated loops. If so you may be able to slot them into the loops and then just pull em out, use em and drop them into your dump pouch.

Also, I love the ump but its not ideal for open areas as the mag height prevents prone. Better for FIBUA/CQB.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

the op ,there is a r/s the is a ump model that takes mp5 mags,,
    the ump9 ,probably where you mate got the idea,
    the airsoft version is based on the ump.45,

mags seen on airsplat DE ump mags for under $10

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-UMP-DE-MAG.htm

i do not believe there is a ump that takes mp5 mags, although there is a 9mm ump version with its own curved mags

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

the ump 9 takes standard mp5 mags as well as the curved version,
    wouldnt mind a civvie version in airsoft

do you have any links or pics? im rather interested from all the info i gained the military version had its own mags interesting to know

umpey8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Curved mags for my UMP would be nice though. Saw them for the first time in the last James Bond flick with Daniel Craig. Looked seriously cool with the integrated sound supressor, very MP5SD5 like.
    Are there any curved UMP airsoft mags around? I have not been able to find any.

i think theres a G&G one there., i saw it in the shop the other day., maybe its not been added to the site yet or theres another buyer for it or something.,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

vtec wrote: »
    i think theres a G&G one there., i saw it in the shop the other day., maybe its not been added to the site yet or theres another buyer for it or something.,

I think he means mags Richie...I have the G&G UMP, but no spare mags.

Advertisement