Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay Antennas?

Options
  • 17-03-2008 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello all ,
    Just need to know who has got any of these off ebay ?
    And are they any good im kind of struggling getting the wi-fi signal round the whole house so is this a good signal booster?
    Dbi antenna any good?

Thanks all:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Not great, especially if you don't connect it to a metallic surface (Falls over).
    What router is it?
    What signal strength are you currently getting for each client?
    Can you move the router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Well in my room i get 2-3 bars of signal (according to vista wireless network client)
    at the moment i have it in the kitchen but its affecting the radio so it will be moved shortly.
    At first it was in our sitting room where it was getting no bars to 1 bar and constanly disconnecting.
    The model is : Dlink DIR-301
    If i move it the signal will drop for my sister
    Is it not just worth a try as the antenna is much bigger and will have a wider signal range?
    As they are going for nothing..I dont mind about the magnetic bit the desk it will be on is part metal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Which is better to cimprove u wifi antenna ur ur antena on ur pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

wi-fi antenna because it needs to reach my sister to and at the moment she has a usb wi-fi on a usb extension tied to a blind to get signal :p

Advertisement