Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warcraft III

Options
  • 17-03-2008 4:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody here play it anymore or know people that do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Used to play multiplayer a good bit with a friend, I always found there to be slightly too much micromanagement when in the heat of battle, vis a vis Starcraft (my all time favourite!).

Are you looking to rustle up a few seasoned campaigners for one last march into the breach?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Exactly. :D

I'd love to see Irish people back playing this. There were even Irish clans back in the day...
    If we got people playing and improved we could get to the WCG etc. Would be good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i do yeah!but havent touched the 'normal' game for ages,mainly on the average 45mins custom game DotA:(i know this is a disgrace but meh,i have my fun for this busy life:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

DOTA is very popular all right, good fun. Pity people don't play the main game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Pong.Poddy

Im a dota player mainly but i could give u a game if u wanted in ladder. im ok just got **** micro atm cus i dont play it :p

• Advertisement

Could get a few of us together for ATs at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GoSu

Tar.Aldarion..... You seem to be fairly cocky at WC3 how about I give you a match?.. add me!

Oh...no a gosu! lol...

ladder account =?

4k-des :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 IKnowYou

Heyo anyone of you guys that wanna DOTA with myself and a few others, add and contact me on Northend. IGN: reallylame

Guy on boards plays dota that I am aware of. pong.poddy or something.

Do any of ye play normal bnet games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

thats the name i guess ppl have seen it sometimes:) n00bestking or burningsera.add me for dota!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mr_Overlord

Add me for Dota too!! Bout 6 of us play regularly would be great to get an all irish game in before gamecon for the laugh.

Ill be online tonight if anyone wants a game?

Account Name = RoyKeane (Dont be fooled by the name ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

I play warcraft 3, not online though yet. But could someone explain how to play it online, i.e. get matched with a player of similar ability and also how do you find the enemy on the map? Also, how do you create a hero in an online game?

thanks

I play warcraft 3, not online though yet. But could someone explain how to play it online, i.e. get matched with a player of similar ability and also how do you find the enemy on the map? Also, how do you create a hero in an online game?

thanks

battle.net matches you with opponents depending on your win/loss %. You just click to find a game and it will find it for you. I suggest you do some 1v1s vs the computer before online. When the game is loading it shows the points on the map where players can start from. Also, you build an altar to build a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Before I create a new thread is anyone aware how alive and kicking this amazing game still is? Anyone else back playing other than myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Actually finished it again very very recently. Astounding game, the graphics haven't help up great over the last 10+ year since it came out. But a great one all the same.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Actually finished it again very very recently. Astounding game, the graphics haven't help up great over the last 10+ year since it came out. But a great one all the same.

Haha I was referring to the multilayer aspect but it's good to hear people are enjoying one of the most iconic campaigns in PC history still to this day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Never played the multiplayer, but damn that single player campaign was amazing. Those cutscenes set the bar for me, especially the Arthas one after the human campaign.

Roll on Warcraft 4 (though i'd settle for a remaster of Warcraft 3 in the Starcraft 2 engine) :)

Warcraft III has gotten such a revival lately Blizzard have hired new people to work on it again! New patch was released a few weeks ago (no balance changes, mind you) but it's definitely a start. Once I get back from travelling I'll try and do up a new thread.

Advertisement