Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outland last night.

Options
  • 17-03-2008 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Arrived midway through 58, hit 60 this morning and I'm 30-40% through the level, but it's still gonna take 7 hours to 61!
    I'm solid questing too, no grinding without reason, no instances, no tailoring/cooking/fishing or anything.

Am I doing something wrong?
    I get about 500-600 Exp per kill, which is the same as double Exp in Azeroth, but 7 hours!!?!?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Ick, this is the main thing I hate about WoW. Why should it be painful, boring and labourous to play a computer game? Especially one you're paying to play!

My best advice is to ditch the grinding and have some fun. Thats what I do (mainly through guild events, group quests and instances) and the levels don't really bother me. That said, I've been playing for 2 years and my highest char is only level 64.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

60-70 is around the same as 40-60 pre levelling buff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Completing quests in HFP, Zanger, BEM, Nagrand and a few in SMV and Nether storm should be enough to ding you to 70.

60-70 is a tough grind, so yeah i encourage you to have some fun. Do alot of instances to get some gear and you get great xp too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I found it boring the 2nd 3rd and 4th time round bigtime.

The last time i done only instances after lvl 62.
    It was a lot more fun than questing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Dcully wrote: »
    I found it boring the 2nd 3rd and 4th time round bigtime.

The last time i done only instances after lvl 62.
    It was a lot more fun than questing.

ORLY?
    How long did it take?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ORLY?
    How long did it take?

I did the same as him. I got so bored questing as i fully did zanga and HH and touched a bit of nar. Doing instances is much more fun and the gear is better and you will lvl quicker ( i was getting 1000-1200 per kill in HP and Ramps )., well as long as you dont do instances with lvl 70's when you are lvl 62.

I hit 70 a few weeks ago now and im honored/reveared with all factions apart from sporegar. The quests that are left over will help me get to exhaulted.

But yeah, its not a race. Just enjoy your time. I'd even do some pvp if i were you so you get a jump on the gear at 70. But dont be tempted to get the lvl 60 gear, its crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

have to agree with the above, i quested my first toon to 62 in hfp, then grinded ramparts for a level or 2, found it to be great fun.

what i done also is spend a day on the toon to be lvld to 70, then spend a day pvping on another toon or 2 days watever, then go back to the main and continue leveling. that way ur constantly using rested bonus so its not as painful..

this method works for myself anyway.

why is the grind from 54-58 so crap, i cant stand plaguelands, waste imo.

at 55 on my current huntard i have been grinding away just east of thrallmar on the level 58/59 mobs no probs..but requires a lot of drinkin.

my realm seems to have hardly anyone in this bracket doing brd or lbrs..

plan was to grind them two to 58

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I took my priest to HFP as soon as she dinged 58, had virtually all quests in the zone done at 61 and then moved on to Zangarmarsh. I instanced a lot while levelling too, and dinged 70 doing quests out of Sylvanaar in Blade's Edge Mountains. Took me 5 days total /played to go from 60 to 70, could probably go faster if I hadn't had to take time out of levelling to go farm primal shadow and primal life for my main's resistance gear. (QQ @ a 65 priest being better at farming those primals than my full epic protadin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

copeyhagen wrote: »
    have to agree with the above, i quested my first toon to 62 in hfp, then grinded ramparts for a level or 2, found it to be great fun.

what i done also is spend a day on the toon to be lvld to 70, then spend a day pvping on another toon or 2 days watever, then go back to the main and continue leveling. that way ur constantly using rested bonus so its not as painful..

this method works for myself anyway.

why is the grind from 54-58 so crap, i cant stand plaguelands, waste imo.

at 55 on my current huntard i have been grinding away just east of thrallmar on the level 58/59 mobs no probs..but requires a lot of drinkin.

my realm seems to have hardly anyone in this bracket doing brd or lbrs..

plan was to grind them two to 58

Have to agree with the 54-58 thing, i have a 54 lock and i just cant be bothered to lvl anymore. No one does instances for this lvl and the questign is sooo boring. Im kinda hoping if i dont play it for long enough blizz will take pitty and just put me at 60 :rolleyes:

The pvp'ing is a great idea on splitting yoru time to get rested xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh its worked for myself anyway. i have a 18 mage i was doin some pvping with yesterday.

hadn't pvpd on my warr main in ages after getting sick of farming av. thats why i started my huntard, but went back yesterday and done a few av and had a bit of craic.

i went fury and got the 2 epic pvp swords.. wat a bad choice.
    i should have stayed ms and gone for the 2h... fury sucks now, takes ages to grind a players health down, as opposed to the hunter that powns in pvp.

really cant see how im gonna get the huntard to 58, unless by some miracle people start doing instance runs. when i leveled my war for that bracket last year there were hundreds of people doing brd runs, seems the servers population is like 80% level 70's grinding pvp gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

61 today, another 7 hours to 62, or so it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Sorry but I don't agree with the instance is quicker than questing.
    For eg the chain quests in nagrand will have you from 65-66 in no time, ring of blood is 100k in practially 10mins if you have a group.

Questing with the ODD instance thrown in is alot better and faster.
    5 days played from 60-70 :eek:

I recently (well about a month ago) dinged my druid to 70 on grim-batol he's full vind + glad with 1/2 veng now, (feral ftw) saving points and honor for season4.

It took me about 2 and a bit days played time to go 60-70.

My method farm ramp 58-60 then do quest and the instances around your level, this milarky of only doing instances is just that, ****E! :D<3

Advertisement