Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement pedestal for plasma TV ?

Options
  • 17-03-2008 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend websites/stores to buy a replacement pedestal stand for a 42" plasma ? The one that came with mine is particularly ugly (samsung - oval shaped) & I'd like to replace it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

any of the tvs i've seen all have different attachments fro the pedestals, so you may have to stick with samsung. not sure if they have a different one to yours though.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd doubt very much if you'll have much luck on that score. Even varying models of Samsung have differing bases, which aren't interchangeable.

What about getting one of those stands that allows the TV to be mounted onto a "backbone" whereby you can remove the ped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

byte wrote: »
    What about getting one of those stands that allows the TV to be mounted onto a "backbone" whereby you can remove the ped.

That's pretty much what I was thinking of. Remove the existing one & use one of those ones that screw into the back, but it would have to be a table top version.

Advertisement