Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem/Router - recommendations

Options
  • 16-03-2008 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Firstly any help would be great.

I am in the process of buying a new laptop. I want to be be able to use its wireless feature in the house rather than ethernet cable

Currently I have a BB connection with Imagine and am using a Zyxel 600 wired connection for my old PC.

I have seen a Belkin router/modem ( http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=3MR0 )but I have read differnet opinions on Belkin wireless products.

Can anyone comment or recommend some good options for me in and around similar prices. (I'm not sure if what I really need is a router or router/modem - I am having issue with the Zyxel dropping connection so I think it might be on its way out so)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

Different people will obviously comment on or recommend different bb isp's/modems/routers so that was a pretty broad question to ask everyone, but, if you want my advice, if possible get rid of imagine and pick up a bb package with modem/router and wireless card all in one, or, if you are having problems with imagine and the Zyxel just get another bb isp to install their basic package and pick up your own wireless router and card, any router and card will do you unless you have special needs but generally they all do what they say on the tin;)

Advertisement