Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do you have to be on the dole to get a medical card?

Options
  • 16-03-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I am on the dole since November, Im wondering if im intitled to a medical card yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

You need to call to the local health board (the community welfare offices) and apply with them, you don't automatically get one, your means will be assessed and AFAIK it can take anything between 4 and 12 weeks to get it issued if you are approved. Also you will need to find a doctor willing to "take you on" as a medical card pateient, and get him to sign/stamp your application form.

However AFAIK (again!) if you are approved and need medical attention before your card is issued, you can ring the community welfare offices and get your card number from them to give to the doc or the hospital and you shouldn't be charged for treatment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to State Benefits

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

dudara wrote: »
    Moved to State Benefits

dudara
    Cheers Dudara, Ill apply on tuesday, reason I ask I have a few teeth need filling, this would normally cost me an arm and a leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 petawee

just pull them out yourself with a vicegrips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

petawee wrote: »

Or go up to the north, its a helluva lot cheaper up there, at one place the cost was 1/3 of what we would have paid down here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

petawee wrote: »

And if your squemish, i'll do it for you.

No charge, it would be my pleasure.

You see, I enjoy the pain of others...

Advertisement