Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 02 'Free texts' ad - where was it filmed?

Options
  • 16-03-2008 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

First of all - apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place - perhaps it belongs in one of the other 17,837 sections.:eek:

Secondly, apologies if this question:

(a) bores the pants off you

(b) has been asked before.

But that Irish 02 advert - the one that says 'free texts for life' - and features young people speaking to the camera, with a backdrop of a cutesy row of cottage-y type houses, and a bit of a green - does anyone know where it was filmed?

I'd love to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

It was filmed in RTE. That cottage effect was added later by News 2's Eamon Horan who happens to be a dab hand at microsoft paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

In the bowels of hell.

Terrible Ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

I think someone told me Rathgar, but I'm not sure where/how I heard that.

Edit: Here we go. If you click 'behind the scenes of the shoot" it shows you where it was filmed. Rathgar Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Thank you so much for your replies. Very impressive, this site.

There was I thinking it was filmed in some place like Ballyslatmaguthery, or something....thought it might be nice to go on a pilgrimage, to the spot, and have a picnic. But I'm with Vodafone, anyway.

You know, I get irritated by people who don't research things before asking questions, and I had gone on to an 02 site - but obviously, not the right one!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I assumed due to the bad lipsynching that it was filmed abroad and imported to all countries with O2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thank you so much for your replies. Very impressive, this site.

There was I thinking it was filmed in some place like Ballyslatmaguthery, or something....thought it might be nice to go on a pilgrimage, to the spot, and have a picnic. But I'm with Vodafone, anyway.

You know, I get irritated by people who don't research things before asking questions, and I had gone on to an 02 site - but obviously, not the right one!

Thanks again.

& Poor 6ix has still been thanked 0 times in 0 posts - he must be an unobliging, selfish cnut !!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

In the bowels of hell.

Terrible Ad.

QFT.

This ad should be erased from all our memories. And if this is O2s way of getting customers, they really need to rethink their advertising campaign. Boring, uncreative and bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭cw girl

6ix wrote: »
    I think someone told me Rathgar, but I'm not sure where/how I heard that.

Edit: Here we go. If you click 'behind the scenes of the shoot" it shows you where it was filmed. Rathgar Road.

This was filmed in Highfield Grove - think it's off Highfield road (near Luke's hosp) - they have the address wrong - definitely not off Rathgar Road

Advertisement