Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual pilots.....

Options
  • 15-03-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭

Just a headsup for any virtual pilots who fly using VATSIM, VATeir, the irish division of vatsim will be holding the annual paddy's day event tommorow. Dublin, Shannon and Cork will be fully staffed with virtual ATC, and it will be a cracker of a day. Starts at 5, ends at 11. info on www.vateir.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Ya its gonna be a great event alright, we will have regionals controlled also thoughout the event. And einn twr at 9 O'clock til 11 is second to none...:D:rolleyes:

Darragh

And just for anybody thinking of flying in, all the info you'll need is right here:http://www.vateir.com/stpats/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

How did the flyin go? Been a good few years since ive been on Vatsim but I remember the paddys fly in as being great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Had nearly 400 movements over the few hours, shannon had only 40 (cries) cork had 50 odd and Dublin had well over 300. At one point Dublin was busier than the real world dublin!!

Had nearly 400 movements over the few hours, shannon had only 40 (cries) cork had 50 odd and Dublin had well over 300. At one point Dublin was busier than the real world dublin!!

Too true! take a look....!:eek:
    4.PNG
    11.PNG
    Thats from a relatively quiet time! thats from eisn_ctr's radar.
    It was the best St. Patricks day event vateir has ever seen

^^the promo vid.
    Darragh

• Advertisement

Heres the official movements figures...

Dublin(EIDW) - 244
    Cork(EICK) - 76
    Shannon(EINN) - 52
    Kerry(EIKY) - 11
    Knock(EIKN) - 7
    Sligo(EISG) - 6
    Galway(EICM) - 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

I'm going to sign up and have a go. While this damm weather (non virtual) keeps me grounded.

Do......once you know how real ATC works yer flyin it.........

need any help with it give me a shout

Advertisement