Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Network not detected?

Options
  • 15-03-2008 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi my mate set up my wireless network for me and everything was rosy until someone tinkered with the settings on one of the pcs. Now I can't reconnect to the network. Everything else---xbox360,ps3,macbook---work fine but this pc won't.

I'm not great with networking tech/lingo. My friend is unavailable to help. Any ideas? The router is a Belkin and the USB key on the problematic pc is a Netgear (W111t I think???)

PS The key picks up neighbours' networks but not mine???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

who 'tinkered' with the settings on the other pc? you???:D

are all the others wireless, xb,ps3,mac or are they plugged into the belkin router directly?

what did you/someone else 'tinker' with on the problomatic pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Possibly haha!
    They're all wirelessly connected via WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

you mad thing ha! ha!

I take it everything was working untill 'someone' messed with the settings?
    ... so whats going on now? you sitting next to router with cable plugged in or what? and if so unplug everything from router and see if your card will see it then. I need to know what settings 'someone' was tinkering with to say for certain it's a problem with the belkin router...

this explains everything http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51947072&postcount=1

Advertisement