Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

volunteering in dublin

Options
  • 15-03-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there,

i have looked through loads of websites and sent tons of emails, but havent received any response at all...:confused:
    is there anyone out there who volunteeers in a dog shelter ?
    I'd love to do that but the only one I have found is in D15 and apparently you need a car, which i dont have, to reach the pound.
    any info or advise you can give will be much appreciated.
    ta,
    K:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

Hi have you checked out Pets Ireland lots of people there can advise you re volunteering in dog shelter. Also shelter in rathfarnhams if transport is a problem, you can help walk dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Maybe you should try going through a Volunteer Centre as they have the list of all the up to date volunteering opportunities in your local area.

see: http://www.volunteer.ie

There will be a list of local centres there, and you can contact the one nearest you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Have you tried the Dublin SPCA and Dogs Aid? Good Luck! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pinky08

Try the DSPCA/ISPCA website. I know ISPCA are always looking for volunteers.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

kerrysgold wrote: »
    Have you tried the Dublin SPCA and Dogs Aid? Good Luck! :D

I'm pretty sure the DSPCA is the one in Rathfarham that the OP was referring to. I've been there and it's not on any bus routes that I'm aware of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 kyra

Pinky08 wrote: »
    Try the DSPCA/ISPCA website. I know ISPCA are always looking for volunteers.

Best of luck :)

thanks all of you guys for the replies. I have emailed ISPCA countless times, they never bothered replying. I understand they might be busy but if they are unable to answer emails in a timely manner they should nt even have an email address on their website. ...:rolleyes:

apparently you can get to the ashton pound by train. does anybody know anything about it ? once again thanks for the help lads, really appreciate it
    Cheers

K:)

Advertisement