Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: Too Many Cables - Too Few Connections...

Options
  • 15-03-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey,

New to the HDTV and Home Cinema set up and just need a little advice:

My TV has a number of HDMI ports and only one Component connection. I have my XBOX 360 hooked up to the component. The Xbox also connects to the home cinema via an optical audio cable. There is only one optical in in my home cinema box.

I just picked up a Playstation 3 which is connected to the TV via HDMI.

My home cinema box has only one optical in (as above) and has no HDMI in.

I want to hook my Wii up by component (and my PS2 if possible) but this is used by my XBOX and I wish to add an optical out for my PS3 to take advantage of the DTS surround sound for my games and blu-rays. I know I can go swapping leads around but it is inconvient and a bit of a mess what with all the leads that are behind the TV. When I had this problem a few years ago with an old TV I bought a scart box which allowed me to put 4 scarts through one socket on the TV. Basically my question is: is there something similiar for HD leads that will allow me to do the same thing? Or is there another way around this that I should know about?

Comments

Advertisement