Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lase card Luhn check

Options
  • 15-03-2008 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Evil Phil thanks so much for your amazingly stupid response. I will be sure to never promote this forum to anyone.

I had in fact phoned the banks and had not got a response. I was trying to keep the post light-hearted..and yes I used a search engine..did you ?

Asshole.

Yes ban me I don't really care... because I'm a moron.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Try this. I didn't examine the results too closely but there are 176 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

This
    [LaserCards]They use the LUHN algorithm similar to Visa and Mastercard. Best is to
    contact Laser and they will confirm.

And this
    The LUHN formula (also known as modulus 10 or mod 10 algorithm) is used to generate &/or validate the accuracy of credit-card numbers.

1) Starting with the second to last digit and moving left, double the value of all the alternating digits.

2) Starting from the left, take all the unaffected digits and add them to the results of all the individual digits from step 1. If the results from any of the numbers from step 1 are double digits, make sure to add the two numbers first (i.e. 14 would give 1+4).

3) The total from step 2 must end in zero (ie be divisible by 10) for the credit-card number to be valid.

Both 1st results ffs. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

hooh baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement