Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry (the monk)Hutch interview

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

MarinoMark wrote: »
    Like him or loathe him he got away with it, Now a millionaire and it seems the gardai cant touch him, good viewing anyway

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0313/primetime_av.html?2348951,null,230

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055255050

Too sophisticated for AH apparently....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Darkman2- it was just a mod bored and needing to lock something, anything.

It wasnt a tv forum thread. It was a thread discussing what we thought of his interview, or The Monk himself, not a thread asking if we think Prime Time is a good current affairs show. The mod was bored, simple as.

Personally Im surprised he got away with as much as he did, he is an awful liar. Which is probably why his lawyers told him to keep his mouth shut, he couldnt fib convincingly to a blind man.

Id imagine some of the junkies regularly contributing on the AH drugs threads might have taken issue with his solution to the issue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MarinoMark wrote: »
    Like him or loathe him he got away with it, Now a millionaire and it seems the gardai cant touch him, good viewing anyway

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0313/primetime_av.html?2348951,null,230

Wouldnt say cant touch per 'see. They did take , what, a million and a half off him?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

In before she gets locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Stekelly wrote: »
    Wouldnt say cant touch per 'see. They did take , what, a million and a half off him?

puts him in the same league as certain politicians and property developers then :D

have to admit i love how they kept going for him despite the fact you could say the exact same thing about bertie in regards to his finances. i.e "thats not where that money came from!" and " im not convicted of anything ! " beautifully illustrates the medias double standards. cant see anyone in RTE going after de bert in that manner.

• Advertisement

puts him in the same league as certain politicians and property developers then :D

have to admit i love how they kept going for him despite the fact you could say the exact same thing about bertie in regards to his finances. i.e "thats not where that money came from!" and " im not convicted of anything ! " beautifully illustrates the medias double standards. cant see anyone in RTE going after de bert in that manner.

Saying that other people have unaccouted money doesnt water down the fact of what the monk is or did.

Dont think Bertie has been in ay banks waving a gun around*.

/anti liable statement/*Obviously either has the monk:) but he has been questioned and linked to such crimes./anti liable statement/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

The guy interviewing him wasn't up to much though.

It went along the lines of:

Interviewer: But you are a criminal.

Hutch: Yes, thats true, I evaded tax.

Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Ok take 2.

I think he's kinda cool :)

The guy interviewing him wasn't up to much though.

It went along the lines of:

Interviewer: But you are a criminal.

Hutch: Yes, thats true, I evaded tax.

Doh!

In fainess he pushed a couple of times on the armed robberies. Hutch was hardly going to break down an confess to all now, was he.:) The interview would have been on his terms to some extent.

In fainess he pushed a couple of times on the armed robberies. Hutch was hardly going to break down an confess to all now, was he.:) The interview would have been on his terms to some extent.

Thats true enough. But what was the point of the interview, we didn't learn anything new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I found the interview highly entertaining, and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with his own show.

My favourite part was when Paul Reynolds said something along the lines of:

"The Gardai think you did it, the Community think you did it, the CAB think you think it, and the public thin you did it."

And the Monk replies "I know, yeah, sure with all the media coverage, I'm starting to think I did it meself!"

Ha! Priceless!!

Thats true enough. But what was the point of the interview, we didn't learn anything new.

I dont know, the clips from the boxing club were very "politician kissing babies" esque.

That and entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Missed the first half of it but thought he came across reasonably well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭partholon

Saying that other people have unaccouted money doesnt water down the fact of what the monk is or did.

Dont think Bertie has been in ay banks waving a gun around*.

/anti liable statement/*Obviously either has the monk:) but he has been questioned and linked to such crimes./anti liable statement/

but could you imagine the fun if they went for bert the same way they went for the monk.

i.e

"come on bert, where did all the cash come from? you werent earning it, its MULTIPLES of your wage ! burkes on the take, haugheys on the take, your the guy signing cheques for those lads and they got you in the game and put you where you are now. its obvious to all and sundry your pocketing cash for planning permission just like them! the only difference is they deliverd "

it'd be class :D

disclaimer: the above, is of course, a hypothical scenario :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Xavi6 wrote: »
    In before she gets locked up.

Can I get that taxi as well? :D

And class :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: whacka whacka!

partholon wrote: »
    disclaimer: the above, is of course, a hypothical scenario :p

Or is it? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Id imagine some of the junkies regularly contributing on the AH drugs threads might have taken issue with his solution to the issue :D

Do enlighten us. I wouldn't give this scumbag the satisfaction of watching him defend his position, and Paul Reynolds is a f*ckin' joke at the best of times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

apparently he as going to interviewed on tv3 next week so rte got in there before them, I guess he might be interviewed as part of the dirty money thing, although I don't know if his on talking terms with paul williams.

father mcverry was on VB on TV3 and gave a strangley positive account of him, he used to live down the road from him, he wouldn't comment in detail on what crime he got up to when he was young but said he was quite sure he retired from organised crime, and they he was now a positive element of the neighbourhood with his boxing club etc...

I was surprised at mcverry, way too kind on the guy. he said he knew when to stop.
    those big robberies were 10, 20 years ago, I would accept that he's 'retired', but he's a force, it does make williams look silly to keep inserting his name into stories to bulk them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    I think most members would take issue with being at a party and having to give blood tests or some other test just to prove they have no illegal substances in their body. Not just members who are heroin addicts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

rubadub wrote: »
    I think most members would take issue with being at a party and having to give blood tests or some other test just to prove they have no illegal substances in their body. Not just members who are heroin addicts.

So would I. Im no saint on the issue, but alot of the AH drug thread contributors are brain fried, essentially. Which may explain some of the more retarded posts.
    But what was the point of the interview, we didn't learn anything new.

I did. Never knew before he was linked to a murder a stones throw away from where I lived back in the mid 80s. Surprising to see houses I recognise on tv just like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

When he mentioned his gaff was broken into twice, he then said he didnt call the guards he phoned for an ambulance, For the theif !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

can someone please explain how this thread was allowed to run and the other on mr hutch was locked after about six posts ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I like the retired detective moaning that the right to silence still exists in some a limited form in this country, classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I thought he was hilarious

Paul Reynolds "the figures don't add up Ger, you can't get that amount of money out of a compensation claim?"

the monk "sometimes figures just don't add up" lmao ... he is some operator! :)

The "I'm even starting to believe i did it meself" had me in stitches! :)

I wonder did he think that we would feel sorry for him ??! :) Funny man i'd still wet myself if he passed me in the street though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

When interviewer said money was found in his account up North from a raid, same serial numbers and details etc. Then money handed back to brinks by Bank saying its your cash - Mr Monk - said 'NO, that was my money'
    I REALLY thought he was going to say - I stole that money fair and square.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

first step, get the 6 year old threads locked

Advertisement