Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get your bra size measured?

Options
  • 14-03-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where in town can you get measured? i heard a lot of places aren't doing it anymore

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭aoife000

hey

I'm presuming that by 'in town' you mean Dublin? I'm from outside Dublin but have used La Senza, which were good. Think there might be one in Roches Stores / New Debenhams in Henry StreeT?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Try Arnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

La Senza on grafton street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

M&s?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

marks and spencer. they're really friendly and its free

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size

Just checked mine there. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

if you ever win the lotto...

Rigby and Peller in London have a very good reputation.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Arnotts are excellent. Clearys are excellent. M&S and Le Senza not so good if you're a bigger cup size.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Debenhams/Roches are the best place I've had it done. Got measured there about a year ago and they were great, then lost some weight and went to M&S to get measured and she just measured my back and went and got one cup size down instead of mesuring my bust. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

There's a team of girls in Arnotts measuring people. You might have to wait a few minutes but they are very good and will run out of the changing room and get bras for you to try on if you tell them what you are looking for too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

brilliant, thanks for all your replies!

i'm actually heading over to london on the 24th so i might try the rigby and peller crowd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

M&S are rubbish. Try Peaches & Cream in the Hibernian Mall. Small shop but really good service and selection for those of us with big cups and small backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

mp1972 wrote: »
    Debenhams/Roches are the best place I've had it done. Got measured there about a year ago and they were great, then lost some weight and went to M&S to get measured and she just measured my back and went and got one cup size down instead of mesuring my bust. :rolleyes:

Just to explain the reason behind not measuring your bust, M&S measure by sight after measuring the back because measuring the bust is not that accurate. Then they can go get a few different sizes based on sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

I thought M&S was awful. I'm a 36F and they measured me as a 40C. Go to one of the department stores and get measured properly. Arnotts is fantastic. As an aside, I think BTs stock Rigby and Peller, which are apparently the best of the bunch. I heard somewhere that they fit the Queen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

If you are D cup or bigger and you are going to the UK, then you really want this crowd:

www.bravissimo.co.uk

They are fantastic and do clothes for bigger boobed women too. Couple of shops in London but branches in most large cities. I go about once a year.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement