Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to employ someone

Options
  • 14-03-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I am thinking of employing someone to help with my small business.
    They are already taking home 400 Euro per week in their current job. They are single and have one dependent. I know this is a basic question but what would i have to pay her to give her the same amount after tax and what would her tax and prsi amount to.
    I just need to know if i can afford to do it or not.
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭noeleenred

This is a guesstimate

The employees gross wages would be 428euros,the tax payable for the employee would be 15.22 euro, employee prsi 12.40 and employer prsi of 46euro. This is based on PAYE and single credits.

Charge to you is 428-15.22+46=458 per week.

I could be wrong, so open for other suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Ginger83

That sounds about right mate, my g/f is on around the same rate and pays roughly same tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Think what op was saying though is that they are already getting paid 400 in another job and op wants to pay him 400 also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

foxy06 wrote: »
    Think what op was saying though is that they are already getting paid 400 in another job and op wants to pay him 400 also?
    Thats what was sort of answered

based on noeleenred figures, it would cost you

428+46=474 per week.

Employee gets
    Salary 428
    PRSI - 12.40
    TAX - 15.22
    Take Home = 400

Employer also pays PRSI = 46

Advertisement