Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live drama on TG4

Options
  • 14-03-2008 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

anybody see this on last night, they made a big deal of, showing how it was made before hand, that it was like drama used to be done, then it was drama set in hotel bar, didn't really watch, didn't seem very interesting even with subtitles.

it look like a play or drawing room drama,why do tg4 keep doing things that make it look old fashioned rather then innovative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Possibly aimed at a different audience? I agree it was quite old fashioned and it would be great if they did a more modern one as well. I don't agree that TG4 keep doing things that make it look old fashioned. They have Ros na Run which is far ahead of Fair City etc in terms of modern and interesting story lines; Afraic was pretty good for the kids, and they have loads of interesting chat shows, etc that aren't old fashioned. (Although they still aren't my cup of tea!)

I think that people have to remember that there is a generation of Irish speakers out there who like these 'old-fashioned' ideas and TG4 is trying to strike a balance between pleasing the traditional viewer and the modern viewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

even old people like to move on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

even old people like to move on

Of course, but many of them like what they're used to, and if TG4 sees an audience for such things then why not show it?

By the way, I only watched 5 minutes of the show before I got bored, so I'm not that audience, but it does exist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

why do tg4 keep doing things that make it look old fashioned rather then innovative.

I have the say, that's the first time that I've ever seen that charge laid against TG4. Just about every commentary I've ever seen about the channel is that they're quite the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

glas vegas was old fashioned...

• Advertisement
Advertisement